I am excited to share this fun craft idea with you all today. This is a DIY Thankful banner that is super quick & easy to make. A group of friends & I got together a few weeks ago to create this banner and I love how it turned out! Read below for supplies & directions for the DIY Thankful Banner:
DIY Thankful Banner
- 8 inch wide burlap roll. I ordered this burlap roll, but I did this with a large group & we have PLENTY left over even after almost 50 banners were made!
- Template (I created this one here that you can download & use)
- Stencils (letters THANKFUL)-This is the set I ordered!
- Orange & Black Craft Paint
- Foam Paintbrush
- Mini Spouncers
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
1. Cut out 8 triangles out of the burlap using the template to guide you. If you buy the 8 inch wide burlap, then you can just alternate facing the triangles right side up & upside down without wasting any burlap.
2. Cut a piece of twine that is long enough to fit all the triangles spaced out with 1-2 inches in between. Leave a little extra for the ends to hang.
3. Glue the triangles onto the twine with the glue gun.
4. Take each stencil & tape with masking tape onto the burlap in the center.
5. Dip the foam brush into the black paint & dab lightly over the letter until completely covered with black paint.
6. Pull off stencil & letter will appear!
7. Repeat until you have spelled THANKFUL.
8. Add little polka dots with spouncer dipped in orange paint.
9. Let dry & hang!
Here are some more images to help you get a better view of the banner!