In honor of the new iPhone 7 hitting stores today, I thought it would be fun to share a few favorite apps for moms. Honestly, I am not an expert at this so I decided to turn to people who could help me out with this post: other moms. I reached out to a few different moms’ networks that I was in & just asked “Tell me your favorite or must-have apps for moms and/or families”. Below, I am sharing some of the ones that came highly recommended as favorite apps for moms!
Favorite Must-Have Apps for Moms
- Bank Apps: Many the moms say that they have their bank app on the phone so they can view their account balances, pay bills, deposit checks, and more.
- Mint.com: This is one app that I do have & highly recommend. My husband and I have been using Mint.com for several years now & it is great for budgeting. Mint.com tells you exactly where you are spending money and where you can save. It’s a great way to track all your finances in one spot because you can link several different bank accounts, credit cards, & more to the one account.
- Grocery Store Apps: This is another one that comes highly recommended to me from several moms! Download your local grocery store app. You can create lists, clip exclusive coupons, and for some stores, you can even send in your cart and pick up your groceries later that day.
- OurGroceries: This is a free app where you can take your shopping lists wherever you may go. You can share shopping lists with everyone in your household & it’s super easy to add or cross off items.
- Amazon: Every mom needs an Amazon app. If you don’t have time to make it to the store, just buy it on Amazon. You can search for products, browse reviews, and purchase millions of products sold on Amazon.
- Cartwheel: If you frequent Target at all, I highly recommend the Cartwheel app. You can choose savings from hundreds of offer by searching the app or even scanning items in the store to find offers. You can stack the Cartwheel savings on top of your Target REDcard discount and any other coupons you may have!
- Yelp: This app is great for finding reviews and recommendations on local restaurants, shops, & services. I love this one, not just for when we are close to home, but also when we are traveling.
- Starbucks: If you are a Starbucks fan, this is a must-have app. This app makes is super easy to order and pay. Rewards are built right into the pap, you can collect stars and start earning free drinks and food with every purchase.
- Retail Me Not: Moms are always looking for quick ways to save. This app is great because you can search the app for online codes and printable coupons for top retail stores. YoAll you have to do is find the coupon & then show your phone when you check out!
- Google Calendar: If you want to get organized, several moms recommend Google Calendar. You can set events, add goals & to-dos, and link to your iCloud so you can have all your calendars in one place.
- Cozi: Besides Google Calendar, this was the most recommended scheduling app for families. You can set up a family calendar, shopping lists, to-do lists, recipe box, and family journal all in this one app. The whole family can share one account so you can access from several phones.
- Wunderlist: If you are a to-do guru, this is an app for you. Wunderlist is a simple to-do list and task manager app that helps you get stuff done. Wunderlist instantly syncs between your phone, tablet, and computers so you can access your to-dos from anywhere.
- Any.do: This is another recommended organization app from moms for organizing your to-do list. You can get reminders, share tasks and lists with others, and it syncs between all your different devices.
- Photomind: This app allows you to quickly take a picture and set a reminder for it. The reminder will pop up with the picture & any note you have saved with it.
- PicTapGo: This super simple & fun app allows you to take your photos to the next level. It has over seventy photo effects that you can mix and match to create the photo that you want! It’s great for photo editing and easy to share your photos on social media!
- Shutterfly: Moms are always looking for quick ways to print their photos. With the Shutterfly app, you can just upload photos, order prints, create photo books, & so much more in minutes. It was highly recommended by several moms for an easy way to order prints right from your phone!
- ArtKive: This app is a great way to store, share, and print your child’s artwork or schoolwork. Beat the clutter by taking a picture of your child’s work when they get home & when you are ready, you can create a hard cover book (or other items) with the pictures you have saved!
- 1 Second Everyday App: This is a video diary that stitches together videos and photos to document your life’s journey.
- Baby Pics App: Capture your pregnancy & baby milestone photos by personalizing them with this fun app. You snap the picture, add fun artwork and text to personalize, save, and share!
- Lickety Split: If you are tired of nagging your kids for ten minutes of clean up time or ten minutes to get ready, then sit the Lickety Split Musical timer to turn these daily tasks into a fun, beat the click game!
- Chore Monster: If you are looking to implement chores, several moms recommended this app to me. It makes chores fun & exciting for kids. When they complete chores, they can earn points and rewards that are set up by you!
- For cooking, the two most recommended apps were Yummly and AllRecipes for new & easy recipe ideas!
- For moms who love to read, you have to download the Kindle app. Another one that I just learned about from a friend was BookMyne where you can access your local library, manage your account, and even download books to your device.
- For music fans, the two most recommended apps from other moms are Pandora and Spotify.
- Every mom loves Pinterest. So many ideas, so much to do, but yet…where do we find the time?! We can pretend we may actually do the projects, but sure is fun to pin!
- If there’s one app I check every day, it’s the Weather Channel app. We need to know how to dress before we head out the door!
- And if you spend a lot of time on the go, these were three apps that come highly recommended: Parkmobile, Waze, and Uber.
We would love to hear if you any other apps that you would add to this list, so please leave a comment below if you have a great one to share! Now, I’m off to set up this new phone with all the wonderful new recommendations that were sent my way!