We took 4 kids ages 6 and under to Disney World and lived to tell about it. Not only did we survive, we had a really great trip. In addition to having a great trip, we even found time to relax.
Having a fun, relaxing and memorable trip to Disney World with an infant, toddler and two children was truly thanks to Four Seasons Orlando. There are so many amenities at the resort for babies and toddlers. I’ve put together a list of 10 reasons I think Four Seasons Orlando is the perfect place to stay with babies and toddlers:
1. Kind, Welcoming Staff: From the minute we walked into the lobby, our entire family felt welcomed. Staff was there to help us get checked in right away. While we were taking care of check-in, more staff came along to greet the children and make sure they felt at home and entertained right from the start. The big kids (5 and 6) were given maps and tote bags, the toddler was shown the large, interactive property map tv screen and someone was taking time to make the baby giggle in his carseat. The warm welcome didn’t end at check-in. The staff treated our whole family with patience and kindness the entire stay. Traveling with 4 kids ages 6 and under, you can feel like a traveling circus at times. Instead, we felt at home with caring people that were there to help with anything/everything imaginable.
2. Kids 5 and Under Dine Free: This is a huge benefit of spending your Disney vacation at Four Seasons Orlando when you have young children. While we were at the resort, 3 of our 4 children ate free the entire time. As I am sure you can imagine, that saved a lot of money. When considering the price of Four Seasons vs other places you are looking to stay, definitely take this into account. Not only do the kids eat free, but Four Seasons Orlando has a number of amazing, family friendly places to eat on property. They all have delicious, healthy meals for kids. We were so impressed with all of the meals.
3. Splash Zone: Ok…. if you need only one reason to stay at Four Seasons Orlando with babies and toddlers… it’s the Splash Zone. I have never been to a more baby/toddler friendly resort pool. The multiple zero entry spots make it easy and safe for them to enjoy and with all the different “splash and spray” areas, little ones are entertained non-stop. The Splash Zone was an instant hit with all of our kids!
4. Baby Amenities: Four Seasons Orlando has so many baby amenities available. When we checked into our room, there was a crib, Four Seasons bib, baby bath essentials and even diapers for each of the boys. Throughout the stay, if we needed more baby items, they quickly send them to the room.
5. Napping Zones: The pool area at Four Seasons Orlando is a beautiful oasis. From multiple pools to a relaxing lazy river. It’s a large area and one of my favorite things about the design is that there are different areas to “lounge” all around. There are regular lounge chairs, large cushioned lounges that my kids called “pool beds” and even tents and covered areas that make perfect napping zones.
6. Transportation: There is a private bus that goes directly from the hotel to each of the parks. The bus is clean, air-conditioned and plays Disney movies. It comes very frequently and is a huge perk of staying at Four Seasons Orlando. There is also a HUGE area under the bus for strollers to be stored. If you have used some of the other shuttles around Disney, you know what a huge plus this is!
7. Playground: It cracks me up that we took 4 kids to Disney World and when I ask about their “favorite things” from the trip, they often bring up a the playground at the hotel. We go to playgrounds all the time! Regardless, it’s an adorable playground, complete with giant oranges to climb on and it’s located poolside (but fenced in). We spent time here every day of the trip.
8. Fireworks: One special part about being in Disney World, is the nightly fireworks. Being at the park late enough to see the fireworks with a baby and toddler is not likely. The Park View rooms at FS Orlando let you watch them from the comfort of your own room. This is great for a few reasons: if the toddler is still awake to see the fireworks, they are in their pjs and can hop in bed right after. If the toddler and/or baby need to sleep but the big kids want to see the fireworks (like in our case) it’s a win/win.
9. Late Check Out Lounge: Our flight home wasn’t until 8pm. We wanted to enjoy the day by the pool, but had to check out of our room. First off, they gave us late check out and then told us about lounge near the spa that was available to use until we left. It was located close to the pool and right next to the showers/locker room. It was the perfect spot for us to have plenty of space to get the kids showered, changed and ready for the airport. There were comfy couches to relax on, water and fruit available and a quiet spot to nurse the baby. This really made the day we left like an extra day of vacation!
10. A Relaxing Environment: Last, but one of the most important reasons why I think Four Seasons Orlando is that it creates a calming, relaxing environment amongst all of the Disney Excitement. Disney World is incredibly fun for little ones. There’s so much to see and non stop entertainment. It’s also loud, crowded and overwhelming. So after a few hours at the parks, it’s really important to have some time to relax and unwind. We honestly spent a lot of time each day relaxing by the pool, enjoying the lazy river and even just walking around the beautiful FS Orlando property. I think this was really key in keeping our whole family, from the baby to the grownups, happy and in a relaxing “vacation mode”. We had tons of fun on our Disney trip but also plenty of calm, down time.
I would highly recommend Four Seasons Orlando for any age! If you enjoyed this post and would like to read more about our experiences at FS Orlando, please visit this post. For information on their magical character breakfast, visit this post.
Please feel free to reach out with questions. I love chatting travel! courtney (at) thechirpingmoms (dot) com.
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post. We received a discounted rate in exchange for the blog posts and social media promotion, but all opinions are our own and honest.