KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD
I’m so excited that Cassie from Two in Diapers nominated us for this really fun award!
According to the rules, I’m passing this award on!
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer seven questions.
3. Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Hand the award on to 7 deserving others.
Q AND A:
1. What is your favorite song? This is a question that the answer changes for me every few months. Right now it is: “You are my Sunshine“. Which oddly enough was the same song the lovely lady who nominated me picked. It’s my favorite because I love the way my sweet little Alexandra looks at me when I sing it.
2. What is your favorite dessert? Always has been: Ice Cream Cake.
3. What do you do when you are upset? Cry, get really frustrated & then cry again.
4. Which is your favorite pet? Our adorable, playful Boston Terrier named Jersey. Tom & I got Jersey right before we moved in together. We are both from NJ but met in Chicago. We named the dog for our home state Both of our girls love her. Jersey is great with kids. She really is part of our family.
5. Which do you prefer, white or whole wheat? White, for sure! I’m sure wheat is healthier but I just love white.
6. What is your biggest fear? I’ve always been dangerously fearless (sky diving, cliff jumping maniac) Now, as a mom I always fear something bad happening to one of my little ones. I pray daily for God to keep them healthy & safe.
7. What is your attitude mostly? Cheerful & happy .
For the random facts, I interviewed my fellow Chirping Mom, Julie.
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT JULIE:
1. I never drank caffeine until six months after having my second baby—now I have at least one cup of coffee a day.
2. Pre-kids…I was a SUPER runner and even ran twice some days. Now I’m content to pull off a half hour run with that massive double stroller;)
3. I grew up and went to college in Iowa,but after college I moved four times in six years thanks to my husband’s career. First, we lived in Washington DC (5 blocks from the White House!), then Jersey City, NJ, then Fairfield, Ct, and now we are back in New Jersey. That’s A LOT of moving and resettling over and over again. On top of that, my parents now live in North Carolina now and all of my siblings are all over the United States (California, Indiana, and Pennsylvania). We always have places to vacation and people to see!!!!
4. I love the ocean, but hate fish!!!! (Just ask my roommates in college, they only could cook fish if I was away for the weekend) And on top of that, I LOVE sushi!
5. I’m a puzzle addict—-give me a 1000 piece puzzle and I am in heaven. Especially the Hometown Collections series—I will do them over and over again:)
6. One of my favorite things to wear are faded, old t-shirts. I LOVE really worn out t-shirts…usually at least 10 years old.
7. I may be one of the only true blondes living in New Jersey:)
8. My favorite food in the entire world is fried okra. Running close for seconds is my mama’s mashed potatoes, beef stroganoff and egg noodles with shaky cheese, and cottage cheese.
9. I make my husband give me a head rub every night—it’s the only way I fall asleep. I have a REALLY hard time falling asleep when he travels!!
10. I used to love to iron—-I even ironed my jeans when I first went off to college:) Now, the only time I ever iron is when I sew—if wrinkles can’t be fixed by a dryer, then I won’t wear it!
The Seven Blogs I’m Nominating:
1. We’re Finally Three
2. Mrs. Mommy
2. Mrs. Mommy
5. The Moores