With all this cold weather, we have been spending a lot more time indoors. Besides tearing the house apart, every once in awhile we try to find something that can help keep the kids busy and happy. If there’s one thing that all my kids love to do, it’s baking (and/or eating) cookies! Below, I am sharing one of those recipes that has been passed down through the family. This is a classic cookie recipe that every household should store in their recipe box. It’s got peanut butter & chocolate and is super delicious. This recipe makes a lot of cookies, so this would be a great recipe to share with some neighbors or friends!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 3 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tsp. of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. of Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar (& a little more to roll cookies in)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp. of Milk
- 2 Tsp. of Vanilla
- 2 Bags of Hershey Kisses
1. Set oven for 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Add this mixture to the mixing bowl.
5. Stir until dough forms.
6. Pour a small amount of sugar into another bowl.
7. Roll dough into small balls and then roll the balls in the sugar.
8. Place on cookie sheets.
9. Bake for approximately ten minutes.
10. Take out of the oven and top each cookie with a Hershey Kiss immediately.
11. Press down firmly and put back into oven for 2-3 minutes.