This spring, my boys arrived home from a friend’s birthday party carrying the most adorable party favor I have ever seen. My boys have yet to put down since it arrived in our house. Say hello to Poketti, or a “plushie with a pocket”.
Learning more about the company & being connected to them through a friend, I am excited to bring one of my favorite new finds this year to the blog and share it with you all. Poketti “is derived from the Japanese word “poketti” meaning pocket, and the Italian pluralization rule changing “o” to “i” because we are certain you will want more than one.” These plush animals are adorable & lovable.
But not only are they fun & the perfect companion for kids, read more about the great story behind these fun plushies:
“My name is Sydney. Poketti was inspired by my 7th grade team entrepreneurial project at The Girls’ Middle School in Palo Alto, California. During the course, we learned to write a business plan, design, manufacture and sell a product. I enjoyed the process so much, I convinced my family to turn my design into a real company: cute and functional animal pillows with a useful back pocket to hold a cell phone, notebook, tooth fairy offerings or other small treasures. We raised $20,000 on Kickstarter for manufacturing, and have recently received our first series of professionally hand-sewn products: Poketti™ Plushies with a Pocket. Series 1 includes Sydney the Penguin (because I’m obsessed with penguins), Toni the Bunny (my sister Toni loves bunnies), Baxter the Puppy and Roxi the Kitty. “
Yep, you read that right. One amazing 14 year old, Sydney, is the mastermind behind Poketti. How awesome is that?!?! You can read more about the story in this article on the Huffington Post. Today we are sharing some fun ways our Pokettis have been put to good use in our households & why we love them so much.
5 Things You Can Do with a Poketti
1. Love, squeeze, & cuddle. This is what Abby does best with her Poketti.
2. Store little girl toy “trinkets”. Courtney’s girls love to store all those tiny pieces that come with the dolls and miniature horses in the pocket of the Poketti. Courtney loves that they can keep all the parts in the pockets & is portable to bring to restaurants, parks, or even just to the backyard and she doesn’t have to keep track of all the tiny little pieces of the toys.
3. Hold an iPod, which is perfect for a little older children. I have to admit that Aiden does have an iPod, but a very old one! Like maybe close to the first generation (hand me down from his grandma). But he treasures and cherishes it listening to tunes & pretending to have many phone conversations with family and friends. So the Poketti for him holds his iPod. It’s the perfect-sized pocket to store the iPod without losing it when we travel or even around the house.
4. Store superheroes & Hot Wheels. Andrew is really into his superhero figurines. (He thinks he is Superman. Trust me!) So his Poketti dog holds his superheroes when we head out and about. Another great toy that it holds for my kids are Hot Wheels. You can store about three or four Hot Wheels to take with you when you head out!
5. Our Poketti plushies have also been perfect to use: holding crayons and a miniature notebook for coloring & to practice writing, a travel pillow in the car and on the airplane, a stuffed animal to join the “imaginative play”, and even a place to store snacks on car rides.
You can find more information and order Poketti from their website & online shop. AND two lucky readers today will win a Poketti & a fun mini notebook that will fit right into the pocket of the Poketti. Enter in the Rafflecopter below and good luck!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)