Coupon Code: Use code ChipingMomsSBlog17 for $4 off tickets for Dutch Wonderland
We spent last week we visiting Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, PA. This is the second time we have visited this amusement park and the first time with all four kids. Dutch Wonderland has become one of my favorite places to visit with kids. We’ve written about it a few times and today I’m sharing tips and park favorites by age. Hopefully this helps in planning a trip to Dutch Wonderland!
Planning a Trip to Dutch Wonderland: Tips and Park Favorite by Age
BABY: Yes, Dutch Wonderland is even fun for a baby.
Last time we visited Tommy was 9 months old. I found the park to be super clean and stroller friendly. It also wasn’t as loud and overwhelming as many amusement parks can be. I was confident we’d have a great time brining our newest baby, Miles, this summer. Miles is 1 and started walking the day before we went to Dutch Wonderland. His favorites:
- Riding the Off Road Rally (this is a good one to sit on with a little one). Miles loved this ride!
- Riding the Merry Go Round
- The marching band that came by playing music
- Watching the real horses
- The rides to climb on next to the Fun Slide: While waiting for the big sisters to go on the fun slide, we discovered the swan and whale (I believe they are from old rides) that you can climb around on. This was a big hit for Miles!
TODDLER: Tommy is 2.5 and had an absolute blast at Dutch Wonderland. He loved that there were rides he could go with his sisters (without us). He felt like he was a “big kid”. Some of his favorites:
- Duke’s Dozers
- Off Road Rally
- Panda Party
- Wiggle Racers
- The big remote control cars
LITTLE KID: Alex is 5. She was able to do a lot more rides than she did 2 years ago. She loved Dutch Wonderland and was begging to go back the next day. Some of her favorites:
- The Fun Slide (went down at least 10 times)
- Frog Hopper
- Horse back riding
- Seeing the characters
- Log Flume
BIG KID: Maggie is 7. She loves rides, especially roller coasters. She can’t wait to go back to Dutch Wonderland when Merlin’s Mayhem opens! Some of her favorites this trip were:
- Log Flume
- Playing the games
- The Kingdom Coaster (rode this at least 5 times)
- The Kite Flight
- The shows! We watched a show with knights jumping off high dives that went along with a hilarious skit. Even Tommy sat still to watch this show.
Of course a favorite for all 4 kids was getting to “milk a cow” (it’s a fake cow and water comes out)! We had the best day at Dutch Wonderland. My parents came along with us and agreed it’s such a wonderful amusement park for families. For more info on Dutch Wonderland, check out this post from our first visit.
If you’re looking for a fun getaway this summer or if you’ll be vacationing in the Lancaster area, I highly recommend taking the kids for a day of family fun at Dutch Wonderland. You can order tickets online and use coupon code ChipingMomsSBlog17 for $4 off each ticket!
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post and do not receive any commission at all when you use the coupon code. We did receive tickets for the park for the purpose of review. As always, all opinions are our own.