Third trimester, third baby—do you think the nursery is complete with gorgeous pictures ready to share with you??????
Absolutely NOT! The boys are now sharing a room so little baby girl will be moving into Andrew’s nursery, but right now it is just one big hodge podge mess. Parts of it are almost ready for baby girl, but Andrew still has his name hanging above the crib and basically the room has mostly been used for storage and an upstairs playroom during these long winter months! I had grand plans to have this post ready by this week, but it just didn’t happen! (I am trying to get things done when possible, but I’m chasing around my four year old and two year old boys all day. My husband is in public accounting, so this is his CRAZY busy season, aka I spend many long days and nights about ready to pull my hair out! And I have had the flu, not once but twice, this month!) But I am going to share a few sneak peeks into the precious room and be watching the blog for a final reveal when I can finally manage to get the room pulled together.
First of all, I had to replace the “boy” art that was gracing the walls and I am so thankful to have found some adorable new prints to decorate the walls.
And a close up view of the pictures hanging (I just matted the prints onto scrapbook paper before framing!):
A little more about Maya, the artist behind Design By Maya…Maya was an avid scrapbooker when she was little. Two years ago with two little kids, she decided to open a shop and sell her own artwork through Etsy. Maya loves bringing joy to moms all over the world who purchase her art work to decorate their sweet baby boy and baby girl nurseries. Click here to learn more about Design By Maya:
And here are some other great finds from her shop:
One of our lucky readers will win TWO prints of their choice, size 8 x 10 ($34 value). Enter in the Rafflecopter at the end of this post and GOOD LUCK!
And as much as I love my boys’ crib sheets full of trucks and blue polka dots, I am so excited to finally pack them away and bring on some pink, purple, and a little more girl to this house! This time around, I am staying simple and am choosing not to get the whole “baby bedding set” as I really just don’t need it and don’t need anything extra to add on in this house as we continue to expand in numbers! So instead, I am splurging for a few quality crib sheets that will last and hoping to find a little cute bumper to grace the bottom of the crib.
As I was searching for some durable and adorable crib sheets, I found the website: SwaddleDesigns. SwaddleDesigns carries a great assortment of baby products including swaddle blankets, crib sheets, towels, baby apparel, lovies, and so much more. SwaddleDesigns was founded by a mom (again, I love finding companies that are created by moms who know what other moms want)! Swaddledesigns is known for their quality fabric, fabulous colors and prints, and their easy to use products. They are also well respected by pediatricians, nurses, and newborn care instructors.
I LOVE our new crib sheet that we received from Swaddledesigns! You will never guess the name of this crib sheet for this Chirping Mom, it’s perfect: Little Chickies! The sheets are adorable and made out of super soft flannel. They are perfect for baby girl on the way, as I know that they are soft, easy to clean, and will last through the “baby” stage!
Make sure to check out the Deal of the Day on SwaddleDesigns website, as it provides great deals on their regular priced items. Also, if you join the SwaddleDesigns exclusive email club, you will special offers and promo codes for great deals off regularly priced items. Click here to learn more: http://tinyurl.com/5uyh3ck.
- Part of the room has turned into our book library/upstairs playroom (and it is going to have to stay that way for now!). Now that the boys share a room, I have to keep the toys and books to a minimal in their room for less distractions to fall asleep, which really has worked well. Baby girl will be sharing a corner of her room with her brothers, hope she doesn’t mind!
- I am SO excited to have my mom flying in this week for a LONG visit with us! And while she is here, I am thankful that she has volunteered to make baby girl some curtains!!!!! (My mom is our super curtain maker—she has made almost every curtain in our house!)
- I am hoping to find a little pillow to help spruce up our rocking chair.
- On the search for one more piece of adorable wall art, hoping Homegoods comes to the rescue!
- Clean, organize, pull out any remaining baby necessities from the attic!
- Be watching the blog later tonight for our reveal of the fabulous baby girl rug:)