Earlier this month, we traveled with Maggie & Alex to Scottsdale, Arizona & stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale at Troon North. My husband & I have traveled a lot with the girls, since Maggie was just a few months old, but we have always had family & friends along with us. For the first time ever, we were planning a trip for just the 4 of us. Scottsdale is somewhere Tom & I have always wanted to go, but weren’t sure if we wanted to take the kids while they are so little. We are so glad we decided to go when we did! The girls loved it & we had a wonderful, memorable family vacation.
I’m going to split the vacation recap into a series of 3 posts. So check back over the next few “Where to Wednesdays” for more details on the trip, some ways how Tom & I were able to find time to relax & also more on sites to see in Scottsdale.
We stayed at the Four Seasons Scottsdale At Troon North. We could not have picked a better place for our family. The hotel is very accommodating to families’ catering even to the smallest guests (our girls are 3 & 21 months).
10 Reasons why we loved visiting the Four Seasons Scottsdale with our 2 littles girls:
1. The Wading Pool: The Four Seasons Scottsdale has a few pools to enjoy. We spent most of our time at the children’s wading pool. This pool was perfect for Maggie & Alex. They could walk around the entire pool safely. They spend the days splashing & playing with pool toys. Along with a kid sized pool, there were kid sized lounge chairs & tables too!
2. Beds: The crib that was brought into the room for Alex was awesome. It was soft, big enough for her (at 21 months) & she slept great. For Maggie, our room had a pull out couch that she slept on. It was perfect because during the day it could stay closed, so the girls had room to run around, & then we could pull it out at night for her to sleep.
3. Proof: This was the ultimate family restaurant. Proof, an American canteen, serves homestyle comfort food. It’s located on the resort. They have nostalgic toys to entertain the kids while they wait for their food & their kids meals are fantastic. The meals come with 2 sides, which then gives the kids 3 options on their plates. They have bright colored melamine dinnerware, just like what we use at home. We’ve had plenty of dinning out experiences where the kids eat nothing. This was not the case at Proof: they loved the kid sized plates with plenty to choose from. Then for dessert, they had a chance to visit the ice cream counter!
4. Robes: The kid size bath robes were a big hit with Maggie & Alex. They are were so soft & the girls rushed to put them on as soon as they got out of the bath. They were pretty bummed when we got home, took a bath & didn’t have the plush bathrobes to hop into!
5. Baby Gear: One thing that I dislike in a hotel room is having to put the diapers into the small trash cans in the room. My kids can stink up a hotel room after the first hour of our stay. That’s why I was thrilled that I could request a diaper genie for the room! They also provided an extra mini fridge for us to keep sippy cups, milk, etc for the kids. The Four Seasons Scottsdale will also provide a microwave, high chair for the room & will even childproof the room for you!
6. Kids Eat Free: At the Four Seasons Scottsdale, kids 4 & under eat free (certain rules apply). This was great for our family!
7. Family Movie Night: The Four Seasons Scottsdale has wonderful family activities. During our stay, they had one of their “Dive in Movies”. Starting at sundown, one of the cabanas at the pool turns into a movie screen. Families gather around the pool & on floats in the pool & enjoy a movie. This was Maggie’s favorite part of the trip. She asks me everyday “Do you remember when we got to swim at night & watch tv in a pool?”.
8. In-Casita Dinning: After many meals out, it was nice to have breakfast delivered to the room one morning. We could eat on our hotel room balcony in our pajamas & enjoy the view. It was relaxing & the girls got a kick out of eating in the hotel room.
9. Kids For All Seasons: It gets very hot in Scottsdale. We did most activities early in the morning & then went right to the pool. We also liked to try & have the kids spend a little time out of the sun. We spent time each day at Kids For All Seasons. Kids For All Seasons is the Four Seasons children’s camp. for ages 5-12, but you can attend the activities & playroom with your kids if they are under 5. The playroom was awesome. There were so many toys, my girls didn’t want to leave. It was the perfect place to cool off & play during the day.
10. SO much to see! There was so much for us to walk around & see at the Four Seasons Scottsdale. We saw lizards, bugs, birds & cacti of every shape & size. There were beautiful paths to walk on & explore. Maggie & Alex loved walking around the resort with us, discovering new things.
We truly had an amazing family vacation. The Four Seasons Scottsdale At Troon North is definitely somewhere we will return as a family. It was the perfect place to bring little ones & someday we hope to return when they are older & experience the resort again!
Our favorite vacation pajamas pictured are Goat-Milk Kidware. Be sure to enter the Goat-Milk giveaway we have going on to win $75 gift credit.
We were not compensated for this post. A portion of our stay at the Four Seasons was complimentary. As always, all opinions are my own.