Today, we are sharing some fun and festive Easter decor ideas for your house. Some of them are DIY while others are some great finds from small online shops! First, we are sharing our DIY crafts and the instructions on how to make the following three DIY Easter Crafts: Make Your Own Bunny Wreath, DIY Bunny Pillow, and a fun Easter sign!
1. DIY Bunny Wreath
This craft looks a lot more complex than it is. I found something similiar to this wreath for sale but I had a feeling that I could make it for a lot less money. And I’m pretty impressed that it actually turned out!
Supplies Needed (I found all of these at my local craft store!):
- 3 Flower Swags, 6 ft garlands
- 2 Wreath Wire Hangers (One large for body, one smaller for head)
- Thin, flexible floral wire
- Thicker floral wire for ears (Strong enough to hold shape, but flexible enough to bend into the ear shape)
- Wire cutter
- Sheer wired ribbon
Start by wrapping the first flower swag around the bigger wreath wire hanger for the wreath. It will wrap around the wreath about 1 1/2 times. Arrange as desired. Cut the thin, flexible floral wire into about 1.5 inch pieces using the wire cutter and use these to tie the flower swag to the wire frame. Tie several times until flower swag is secure. Wrap the second flower swag around the smaller wire frame. It should wrap around twice. Arrange as desired and use the thin, flexible floral wire to tie until secure. Next, shape the ears with the thicker floral wire. Leave some extra length at the bottom of the ears in order to attach to the head. Attach the ears to the rabbit head. (This takes a little muscle and maneuvering but I just bended the wire around part of the wire frame of the rabbit head.) Arrange the floral swag around each ear. Cut to fit and secure using the thin floral wire. Add any remaining floral swag to the rabbit body to give it more volume. Secure the swag as needed using the thin floral wire. Now, you have to attach the body to the head. I just used the thin floral wire and wrapped it several times securing the head to the body. Last, tie the sheer wired ribbon around the bunny’s neck into a bow!
2. DIY Bunny Pillow
This craft can be done in 30 minutes or less! (Trust me, all my crafts need to be quick and simple with three little ones running under foot)
- Plain Pillowcase
- Bunny Clip Art
- X-Acto Knife
- Gold Fabric Paint and Foam Paintbrush
- Glue Gun and Glue
- White Pom-Pom for Tail
- Wood Circle
- Stickers (I used Martha Stewart stickers from Michaels)
Some more ideas for Easter Decor:
1. Easter Printables from Panache Papery. We love fun and festive printables in our households and the ones from Panache Papery are cute and sophisticated at the same time. The easiest way to display printables is to print them on some heavy weight paper or card stock and matte and frame. You can change printables out seasonally to add a nice touch to your house. Throughout this week, we will share some other ideas that you can use with these printable downloads that Panache Papery provides. There is really a lot of wonderful things that you can do with printables and I love the idea that you can just store them on the computer from year to year!