To say that this month has been a busy one is an understatement. It has been one whirlwind that just keeps going. We have had two birthdays & are in the midst of a very busy holiday season, so there has yet to be a dull moment. In the past month, we have thrown FIVE parties & have hosted four different families in our home. I have to say that I love all the hustle & bustle, but it has kept my husband & I on our toes without a lot of rest. I have learned a few tips and tricks in the past several years to help make entertaining a little easier, including some must-have items to have on hand for entertaining guests. I hope that this list helps you not only get ready for the madness, but allows you to feel more prepared and enjoy the holiday season.
1. Bathroom Paper Goods. This would include toilet paper & Kleenex® tissues. Just like paper towels, I always buy toilet paper & Kleenex in bulk so I know that I always have it on hand when we have guests. I often buy Cottonelle® Toilet Paper because it’s soft and gives you that extra fresh feeling! During the winter, we go through Kleenex® boxes like crazy so I always like to have a few extras on hand. I love that you can find seasonal boxes of Kleenex®, such as the Kleenex® Holiday Oval tissue box.
3. Plastic Tablecloths. I always have those plastic tablecloths on hand as well. These are great when entertaining kids. As soon as they are done eating, just wrap up the tablecloth and throw it away. I also love these for craft nights. We just throw this down on the table when I am hosting a fun craft night for friends & there is no stress about getting paint or glue on the table.
5. Paper Plates & Silverware. I buy just plastic forks, knives, & spoons to have on hand at all times as well as a big set of paper plates. It makes it so easier to clean up dishes, especially after a large group, when using disposable silverware and plates.
8. Candles. There’s something about having candles burning that just makes our home feel more cozy & inviting. I love to burn candles in each room & love to have them on hand for holiday entertaining.
9. Trash & Recycling Bins. Before we each gathering, we always empty our trash & recycling bins and have them ready to fill in easy access for our party guests.
10. Party Activities. This one is geared towards the kids. We often entertain kids & other families, so I like to keep easy seasonal craft supplies on hand for these occasions. I often buy a few sets of value pack crafts on sale that I can pull out for playdates & dinners with other families. We also have a fun movie ready to go for the kids. When the kids are done eating, we often pop in a movie & have another hour of chatting while the kids are watching the movie.
Again, I hope that this list helps you get ready to host holiday parities and guests this month and encourages you to stock up and prepare for the fun & madness that you are about to have. Can you tell that I am ready for some holiday guests after a quick trip to Walmart?
You can find Cottonelle, Kleenex, Scott, & Viva products at Walmart, a one-stop shop for all your holiday preparation and entertaining needs. While shopping at Walmart, make sure to check out the Ibotta app where you can find great deals & get cash back on all your holiday necessities. For more holiday tips & tricks for holiday hosts, please see some great tips below!