For more fun ideas, make sure to follow our Pinterest boards for other inspiriing & activities to do with your kids!
Now that the weather has warmed up, the boys have been begging to go camping. To prepare them for a big camping trip later this month (with grandpa!), we have been doing lots of fun camping-related activities & ideas to help get them ready.
3. DIY Easy Friendship Bracelets. Try to teach your kid the must-know skill of creating friendship bracelets. This is one I haven’t done yet but I am hoping to teach my son the basic braid so he can create one of these for a friend or relative!
4. Preschool Pack. Print off the free printables from here to complete with the kids. Great practice on several preschool skills!
5. Paint with Marshmallows. Have the kids put a marshmallow on a stick. Dip into the paint & paint away!
6. Find all your camping themed toys & set up a little “camping” center. Here are some of our favorites:
- B. Toys TeePee Tent
- Melissa & Doug Magnetic Fishing Game
- Melissa & Doug Flashlight
- Learning Resources Camp Set
- Kid-Size Sleeping Bag
7. DIY Bincolars: For this craft, you need two empty toilet paper rolls, paint, paintbrush, hole punch, packaging tape, and string. Paint the toilet paper rolls and let dry. Tape the two rolls together once dry to look like binoculars. Punch holes and add string so the child can hang on their neck.
8. This is a good one when you need about 10-20 minutes to fold laundry or clean dishes. Pull out your computer and search Youtube for camping related videos. (Just make sure you monitor!) Two of our favorites were Smokey the Bear & Berenstein Bears.
9. DIY Star Gazer: All you need is an empty paper towel roll, stickers, small piece of foil, and a rubber band. Decorate the paper towel roll with stickers. On one end, add a square of aluminum foil and fasten with rubber band and now you have your own DIY Star Gazer!
10. Nature Hunt Bracelets: Head out on a walk with the kids, but before you do put a little nature hunt bracelet on. To create this simple bracelet, put a piece of masking tape around the child’s wrist with the sticky side facing out. When they find something they like, just place on the tape and it will stick!
11. Build Campfire with Blocks: This is a great addition to a little camping center in a house. Build blocks to create a little pretend fire!
12. Flashlight Tag: This is one my boys love to play in the evenings. The person who is “it” gets the flashlight and when they find someone else they shine the light on them to tag them!
13. Catch a Fish Snack: Put Goldfish in a bowl. Put bait (peanut butter) at the end of a fishing rod (celery) and catch the fish. Fun & healthy snack!
14. Animal Tracks in Play-doh: We love doing play-doh right before dinner because it keeps the kids busy for around 20 minutes which is enough time to get dinner prepped and made in our house. And if they make a mess on the table, no worries as the table will only get dirtier! For this activity, just pull out the play-doh, add in some mini forest animals, and let the kids create animal tracks in the play-doh.
15. Purchase a few camping-related books or head to library and snag some of our favorites featured below!
And last, but certainly not least, head out on your own camping adventure!
For more summer activities, check out the following posts:
(Visited 4,250 times, 1 visits today)