If you’re looking for a great gift for Mom, we have a list of 10 books that are “Mom approved”. I polled a group of Moms to find out about the best books they have recently read. I’m determined to start reading again this summer. In the past 2 years, I’ve read 2 books that weren’t from the children’s department.
So for a Mother’s Day gift this year, I asked my children to get me a book (with the help of Dad ordering them from Amazon). Below is a list of 20 books that would make great Mother’s Day gifts and also great summer beach reads. There was a time when I was an avid reader, but with 4 little ones in the house I’m down to about 1 per year. Reading is something I really enjoy, so I’m hoping to at least get through a few of these this summer.
20 Books to Give Mom For Mother’s Day:
- What Remains
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Three Junes
- Olive Kitteridge
- Four Seasons in Rome
- In This House We Will Giggle
- Becoming Bonnie (brand new book written by a college friend!)
- Chasing Frances: A Pilgrim’s Tale
- Anything by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Kitchen House (& sequel Glory Over Everything)
- If you liked Big Little Lies, check out: The Husband’s Secret & Truly Madly Guilty
- The Nightingale
- Anything in the Tana French series
- Coming Clean: A Memoir
- The Dinner
- Devil In The White City (and other Erik Larson books)
- Ordinary Grace
- Red Tent
This is the first book list for moms I have posted on the blog, but Julie is an avid reader. For more book recommendations, check out Julie’s list of 12 Books to Read in 2017.