This post is sponsored by Starbucks Refreshers.
Summer, it’s awesome. Days are full of fun activities that keeps everyone happy: swimming, picnics & play dates at the park, and spending long afternoons in the backyard. But with all of its awesomeness, having the kids at home all day during the summer is truly exhausting. Waking up at the crack of dawn & going non-stop until bedtime is busy. We have to keep the house maintained, schedules planned, & kids content. So as much as I love summer, I have to admit that I’m tired and am looking for simple ways for me to keep my energy up! With one month left of summer, we are sharing some of our favorite tips to help keep you energized & refreshed throughout the days!
6 Tips & Tricks for Tired Moms
1. Plan rest time into the day. It doesn’t matter how old your kids are, plan a down time in your day. Since I still have one of my three kids that nap, our rest time is always right after lunch. I put down my two year old for a nap & my two boys know that for at least an hour, it’s their time to wind down. Sometimes they play quietly on their own. If they want screen time, then they read for 20-30 minutes and then they get a half hour of TV or iPad time. During this time, I will either catch up on email, read, or just sit and enjoy a show by myself! Once I have taken my rest time, I feel more rested and recharged to start the afternoon with the kids!
2. Grab a refreshing drink. Find your go-to pick me up and stock up. With the super hot weather, I have traded in my afternoon cup of coffee right now for a Starbucks Refreshers. Starbucks Refreshers are made with a blend of feel-good ingredients including fruit juice, vitamins, ginseng, & natural caffeine. There are three different flavors: Blueberry Acai, Raspberry Pomegranate, & Strawberry Lemonade. The drink is refreshing & perfect for helping me get over the afternoon slump!
3. Plan workout routines into your schedule before the week begins. I aim to work out 4-5 days a week. With my husband’s busy work schedule, I have learned that I have to get my workouts on the calendar before the week begins so I know which days I need to get up early to work out before he leaves or which days I will be running in the late evening when he arrives home. The other days, I schedule a workout at home while the kids are all playing or will try to fit it in during rest time. If I don’t have it on the schedule, I am more likely to skip & not get it done. And I don’t know about you, but working out actually makes me feel more refreshed and energized for the day!
4. Organize fun things for you and the kids to look forward to. Each week, I try to plan several playdates or fun outings for us. This could be meeting friends at the pool, a late afternoon backyard playdate with friends that includes pizza and ice cream, or a special Starbucks run for completing their chores for the week. By planning special activities, I know that we have things to look forward to & helps break up the long days that we spend together!
5. Head outside or open the windows. I am a morning person so I find the hardest time of day is the “witching hour” right around dinnertime when I am trying to get things done, the kids are starting to get tired, & I’m tired as well. We almost always head outside to play. The fresh air & sunshine makes everyone feel a little happier and revived! If it’s raining or just simply too hot to play outside, I will open the windows. The sounds of nature & the slight breeze makes us all feel a little happier, even if we are stuck inside the house.
6. Last, don’t sweat the small stuff. You only live each day in your life once. Try to remember what it is important & don’t stress about all the little things that are surrounding you. With young children, there is a lot of small things that add up (floors that need to be mopped, dishes that need to be washed, laundry that needs to be folded, books that need to be read), but you only have this time once. Especially in the summer when the kids are home all day, you won’t get a lot done and that’s okay.
As a mom who likes to do it all, I often find myself feeling overwhelmed or exhausted. But I am still learning, thanks to the advice of several friends and family, that you must take care and make time for you. This could be something as simple as heading outside for the afternoon or grabbing Starbucks Refreshers to enjoy on the back porch. I hope that these simple tips will help you stay refreshed & revitalized as we finish summer with our last month of fun in the sun!
With a revitalizing blend of sparkling fruit juices, b vitamins, and ginseng, Starbucks Refreshers has all the goodness you need to get the most out of today.