By: Sarah Tucker
Getting ready for Back to School? Here are some of the cutest school finds online!
Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms. – Joe Fox from You’ve Got Mail
I always think of that quote in the fall. I get so nostalgic about that first day of school…. but parts of it are, let’s be honest, pain points. Have you read this post – Going Back to School: 1970’s vs today ? It cracked me up over how true it is. And here goes my post proving how true it is (for me) (: … If you’re more of a 1970’s mom, I seriously salute you!
- Cheree Berry’s first and last day school pencils. This is so cute I can’t contain it. It’s 30 inches long. Would be adorable in photos.
- Honey Bee Tee’s back to school line is adorable. Love this school bus shirt, and their back to school pajamas. You can always use code TUCKERBAFS for free shipping on your order.
- New Balances are my go to for back to school. They hold up, and tucks are always in good enough condition to hand down to wesley. This one is what I’m getting Tuck this year.
- My children are like “bye ma!” as soon as they see school. But if you are worried about that transition this fall these books might be helpful. They were “required reading” for Wesley this summer. Pete the Cat – Rocking in my school Shoes and Llama Llama Misses Mama.
- Both boys will be in uniforms this year. I buy their shirts at the school thrift store for $4, so I splurge more on nice navy shorts. I love these performance ones from Vineyard Vines.
- Socks and Underwear. Because matching teeny tiny socks drives me a tiny bit crazy, I just buy all white, all of the same. A couple packs of these, makes laundry easier on me.
- Backpacks – I love our backpack for Wesley that The Horseshoe Crab sent us. Just email or message them, and they can help you out. Their monograms are my fave. Backpack options are endless but I love these mini kanken’s and State bags. Also for every purchase of a STATE bag, they give back packs filled with supplies to children in need. We had the mini one when Tuck first went to preschool, but since then he outgrew it.
- Back to school flags. I ended up buying this “first day/last day” in their school colors because I figured I can use it for other years – not just this one. But I have to say, these Cheree Berry ones are SO darling.
- Y’all have heard me talk about these minted labels before. But we love them! I place them on everything from clothes to lunch boxes. They are 30% off right now with code BTSMORE
- I have tried a couple different food storage solutions and lunchbots are what I keep coming back to. I used to be Nalgene kids bottles all of the way, but my kids needed more flow, and the Contigo ones have been great. My sons love these little character ice packs. I love stasher bags… So much that I could do an entire post about how we use them at our house. So naturally, I love these perfect for snacktime stasher bags. I’ve tried a couple of different lunch boxes but always go back to the PB kids ones! And then I try to top it all of with a sweet lunch box note.