With Back to School comes a lot of snacking: snacks inside lunch boxes, after school snacks, snacks to send in for the class, etc. It’s easy to get in a rut of always having the same snacks and it’s also easy to let snacking turn unhealthy. I’ve definitely had weeks where I’m sure we’ve snacked on pretzels and fruit snacks everyday. The kids get sick of the same old snacks, and my husband and I do too. He packs lunch for work everyday and while pregnant, I find I am looking for a snack more often. One way we’re keeping our snacks fun, healthy and “new” is with NatureBox.
NatureBox delivers nutritionist-approved foods right to your door. Through a NatureBox subscription, you receive five different snacks every month. You can choose the snacks you want or be surprised with their selections. The choices of snacks are unique and delicious! There’s such a wide variety that you won’t find your family getting into a “snack rut” this school year. Each snack from NatureBox contains wholesome ingredients – with no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.
Here’s a few ways we’re enjoying NatureBox snacks, along with some of our Back to School Snack Tips:
For Lunch Box Snacks:
– Keep a variety of snacks to make lunches fun
– A bento style lunch box is great for portioning snacks for kids
– Keep dried fruit on hand for days you have no fresh fruit or just for a variety
– Let the kids be involved: have them suggest snacks they like or get to pick some the night before so you know they are going to eat what’s in the lunchbox
A few tips for prepping after school snacks:
– Prepare ahead of time: Before the week starts, chop fruit and veggies and put in containers in the fridge, so you can easily take out and serve for snacks
– Designated snack area: Have a basket or cabinet with the snacks so they can come in and “help themselves”
– Have some good “on the go” snacks in the house. We walk home from school and my kids are always hungry right after school. I like to have a variety of healthy snacks I can throw in the stroller when I am heading out to get them from school.
– Involve the kids: After school snacks can also be a fun afternoon activity for kids. Give them the healthy supplies and let them make their snacks. Alex had a blast learning how to make “trail mix”!
A few of our favorite NatureBox picks so far:
– Carrot Strawberry Fruit Chews: these are like a very healthy version of fruit snacks that my kids LOVE
– Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops: these are the small white snack we added in Alex’s trail mix
– PB& J Granola with dried fruit: We like this for a snack and also for a meal with yogurt
Fine Crumbs: Promotion is good for 50% off your first month to month box or $10 off your first box in your first prepaid subscription. New and US subscribers only. Not valid on gift subscriptions and may not be combined with any other offers.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.