I used to go to Cape May a lot when I was a kid. This past winter we took our kids for the first time and loved it. It was neat to see that so many of my favorite shops and restaurants as a kid were still there. Also, being that there are so many historic homes and sites in Cape May, those had not changed either. When we were driving home, I was already planning another trip to Cape May with the kids. I thought it would be a fun spot to go for a few days over the kids spring break with my parents. I got to work looking for a spot to stay. I found a great HomeAway Cape May rental for families!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of HomeAway. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
There were a ton of great rentals in Cape May on HomeAway and it’s always hard to decide which house is going to be best for kids but I finally decided about a month before spring break. This house looked like a great location, clean and had great reviews. I am excited to share this house here on the blog because honestly, the pictures and reviews don’t do it justice – it’s WONDERFUL for families. So here’s my extended review of this great house:
10 Reasons I would recommend renting this house in Cape May:
1. Super clean… like nice hotel clean, like many things are brand new clean, like I was ok with Miles playing sitting on the floor clean
2. Bedroom Set up: There is a large bedroom with a king sized bed, another bedroom with a queen sized bed that has a bathroom attached and an adorable room for kids with 2 twin sized beds.
3. Back yard: We loved the back yard behind the house. There was an area to play, an outdoor shower, outdoor table and chairs and even a cool fire pit
4. Location: the house is located on a popular street in Cape May, close to all the fun. You can walk to the grocery store, into town, all the best places to eat and to the beach.
5. It’s tech savvy: If you ask my kids their favorite part about the house, they’d say “Alexa”! There is Alexa in all of the rooms which I thought we’d just use for playing music BUT when I said “Alexa where is the best pizza nearby?” she recommended an awesome pizza spot I could walk to. There are keyless entry keypads on the doors, Wifi, etc.
6. Easy parking: Cape May can be a little tricky for parking but this house has it’s own parking spot right behind the house.
7. Cute decor: I loved the decor in the house. It was simple, beachy and hip. My favorite room has a wall of wallpaper that matched the bedding.
8. Great kitchen: The kitchen in this house is really well stocked and clean. It also has a cute little kitchen table and chairs and it’s a large open floor plan so you can see the whole downstairs while in the kitchen.
9. The playground! Ok… so the house looks right at an AMAZING playground. It’s right across the street and fully fenced in. The playground looks brand new and has a “big kid” and “little kid” playground as well as large fields to play on. Sometimes when we rent houses I get nervous that my kids are going to run wild in the house and break something. This house… just let them run wild across the street. We kept the kids on the playground for about an hour before bed each night, then walked them home and they went right to sleep!
10. Last, but not least, I’d like to mention the owners of this home: I am always upfront with the renters about my kids ages, to get a feel for whether or not they want our crew renting. The owner was great to communicate with from the start, which for me is key to a good stay and one of the reasons I use HomeAway. The owner of this house even texted me suggestions of things to do with the kids in Cape May when he realized how cold it was going to be the weekend we were there!
We started using HomeAway for vacation rentals a few years ago. Our family is growing and quickly growing out of hotel rooms. Also, it gives us so much more flexibility with kids napping, different bedtimes etc. I love that my husband and I can relax downstairs after a long day of vacation activities while the kids all sleep upstairs. I also really like having some meals at home, a refrigerator, etc. Also, now that the girls are getting older, we can do stuff like “game night” on vacation while the little brothers sleep. This trip we taught them how to play Scrabble and it made for some fun vacation memories.
To see last year’s summer HomeAway vacation rental, click here. Now… where to next?! With more than two million unique properties in 190 countries, HomeAway has something for everyone and every budget.
Pin this post for later!