It’s hard to believe that we are talking Halloween already, but I wanted to share one of my favorite DIY costumes from last year. All my son wanted to be for Halloween last year was a Minion. Of course, I thought it was an awesome idea but there was one problem. I could NOT find a Minion costume in his size that seemed like something that was ever worth buying or wearing. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and make him his own Minion costume. The costume we made was perfect for my son because he isn’t big into costumes that you put on & this kind of felt like putting on normal clothes but still “dress-up”. It actually was super easy to do & I am sharing our fun costume with you today in case you have a little Minion lover like my son!
DIY Minion Costume
- Denim Overalls
- Yellow Shirt (We used a shirt that he already owned & turned it inside out since you don’t really see it too much under the overalls)
- Yellow Construction Hat, similar to this
- Black Ribbon
- Mason Jar Lid
- Computer Printer & Paper
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Glue Gun & Glue
- Laminator, Optional
- Black Gloves
1. For the Minion body, it was super easy. Put on the yellow shirt & overalls.
2. Add the black gloves for the hands.
3. For the Minion logo on the overalls, I literally searched Google for Minion logo. I found one I liked, printed it, & laminated it. I attached to his overalls with a simple piece of velcro.
4. To make the hat, I started with the yellow construction hat. I hot glued a piece of black ribbon around the bottom. I hot glued pieces of black pipe cleaners to look like Minion hair on the top. To make the eye on the Minion hat, I again searched Google for eyeball. I printed one, laminated it, cut it to fit inside the rim of the mason jar, & glued it in. I then glued the lid to the front of the hat.
5. He just added some black rain boots we had for shoes, nothing fancy!
Here’s to a Happy Minion Halloween!