1. Click the links in the supply list to download and print the Valentines created by Sweet Birdie’s Nest onto card stock paper.
2. Mix two parts dish soap with one part acrylic paint (We ended up using metallic silver paint and it turned out perfect!). You don’t need much solution to cover your hearts. (We used two spoonfuls of dish soap and one spoonful of metallic craft paint.)
3. With a black pen, write your three surprise gifts in the hearts. These could be tangible items, such as candy, book, toy, new shirt, etc. Or you could do acts of love, such as a homemade favorite dinner, an afternoon “off”, or no taking out the garbage for a week! Get creative and have fun! Make sure the ink dries before moving on to the next step.
4. Use a white crayon to color over the pen. It won’t completely cover the ink and that’s okay.
5. Paint the hearts with the dish soap/paint solution. You can do more than one coat just make sure it dries in between coats.
VOILA—an easy, cute, and special Valentine’s gift for kids AND adults!!!!!