It’s hard to believe, but I am weeks away from hitting my third trimester with my fourth pregnancy. Somehow, I have made it through the summer with my regular wardrobe & I am just now transitioning to maternity clothes. I wanted to share some of my favorite “maternity staples” for fall and winter this year. This time around, I am trying to keep my maternity options to a minimum, but still come up with outfits that are cute and comfortable for the rest of the pregnancy. Below, I am recommending ten must-have fall maternity essentials to get in your closet if you are pregnant:
Fall Maternity Essentials
1. Leggings: I am foregoing all maternity jeans and dress pants this pregnancy to stick with one type of bottoms, leggings. I can’t recommend any maternity leggings as of now because I am still wearing non-maternity leggings that seem to fit just fine. I have a variety of leggings from Loft, Nordstrom, Boden, & Target that I wear and would recommend. For this in-between season where it’s not quite summer and not quite fall, I picked up a couple pairs of cropped leggings that I have been loving. Here are few of my favorite leggings (all non-maternity):
2. Camisole: First for tops, I recommend picking up several of these camisoles in black and white to wear under shirts and to sleep in. These camisoles are super comfortable, the perfect length, and have lots of stretch to them so they will fit over the growing belly.
3. Layering Tees and Tanks: When shopping for basic shirts to wear for fall, I basically look for tunic tees. These are long enough that you can wear with leggings & comfortable to wear throughout the pregnancy. A few favorites that I have found that work are:
5. Sweater Tunics: Just so I can rotate my cardigans out every once in awhile, it’s also nice to have a couple sweaters that are long enough to pair with leggings. Here are a few favorite finds that I found:
7. Dresses: When I look for dresses, I just look for something super comfortable and that can be easily dressed up or down. Here are a few favorites that I have found for the fall:
8. Puffer Vest: These are great for fall, especially when you are pregnant. I have had the same two vests for several years & they are great for fall weather. I never button them when I wear them when I am not pregnant, so no need to start now! Here are a few favorites that I have found online:
9. Accessories: If you don’t want to splurge on maternity clothes, like me, then save your money and buy a few things that aren’t super expensive and you can splurge a little more on accessories and shoes this season. A few of my favorite finds are:
10. Comfortable Shoes: If there’s one thing you need while you are pregnant, it is definitely comfortable shoes. Below are a few of my picks right now:
I hope our list of fall maternity essentials helps you get organized, if you are pregnant, for the fall season. For this post, we have teamed up with Take Time for Style and their Moms Do Fall Fashion series. Head on over and enter to win a $250 Nordstrom Gift Card for a little fall shopping!