Did you see the giveaway we announced on Instagram last night? It just might be my favorite giveaway yet! There are over $800 in prizes from some of my favorite brands. To enter, click here or visit @fallpictureperfect on Instagram. One lucky winner will receive:
- $250 to shop Busy Bees Kids
- $250 to shop Elephantito Shoes
- $200 Nordstrom Gift Card
- Monogram Mary Monogrammed Rollneck Sweater
- Styling consultation with the stylist from Busy Bees Kids
For great info on these fabulous brands, visit Jordan’s post here. The theme of the giveaway is “Picture Perfect” as we think these brands are a fun way to prepare to take fall family photos. Along with the giveaway details, tonight I’m sharing some tips from Busy Bees photographer Andrew Weeks and Busy Bees In-house stylist Stephanie Fountaine!
Family Photo Tips from photographer Andrew Weeks:
1. The right light makes for perfect picture. Late afternoon , about 2 to 1 hour before sunset, is usually a safe a bet.
2. You want your kiddos to look good but you also want them to behave and smile. Work with the kids with their clothing. Not saying let them choose their outfits, just be sure they feel comfortable with what they are wearing. The more comfortable they feel the more genuine the smiles.
3. I love the way clothing and nice styling can make an image pop even more. However, for me, family portraits are about the families faces and the energy between them. Super loud patterns or color can distract from the true purpose of the portraits.
4. Don’t hop around to a ton of different locations. Going in and out of cars and traffic are all additional stress portraits session do not need. Pick a location that has lots of different backgrounds and lighting with in walking distance. Making the shots continuous and less stressful is a big part of setting your self up for success.
Family Photo Tips from stylist Stephanie Fountaine:
1. A good nights sleep night before or an afternoon nap will ensure that the littles are not fussy and will listen to direction.
2. Comfort is king when getting kids to sit, smile and listen. We love knit dresses with no buttons or zippers or polo shirts for the boys so they feel cozy and can run around between shots. If he is not use to wearing a coat and tie don’t make him wear one for the first time for the picture.
3. Small prints and patterns work best. As much as we love stripes at Busy Bees too many stripes can be distracting. Keep to clean lines and a subtle palette with a pop of color. Classic styles, like Busy Bees, are best for capturing perfect timeless pics!
4. Most importantly have fun and carry a stash of candy for some sweet reinforcement along the way (you will be surprised at the smiles you get from a gummy bear! )
We teamed up with a group of moms to host this giveaway. The fun part about that is you get to see how each of these different families are styling the brands involved!
How to Enter the Giveaway
For the official entry, click here or visit @fallpictureperfect on Instagram. One of the ways to enter is to visit these gal’s photos and comment with where you would like to take fall photos this year… here are all the hosts: