We walk around our town a lot. The girls are on opposite school schedules this year which means 4 trips to & from school on their school days. Most of the time, they are still both in the double stroller, but they are starting to like to walk a lot more. Often, the one who just got out of school is really tired and wants to be in the stroller and the other one is energized and wants to walk. I’ve brought just a single a few times, but you know how that works: bring the single and of course both kids want a ride and no one wants to walk!
So, we have a new way we like to stroll around town: The Joovy Groove Ultralight umbrella stroller with the Joovy Bumprider attachment. This is an awesome combo. The stroller is lightweight, well made and much more comfy than most umbrella strollers (more details below). The Bumprider is a stroller board that you attach to the back of the stroller. The “standing child” can hop on and off and catch a ride when they get tired of walking.
The Joovy Bumprider is the most universal board on the market, so you can use it with many different strollers. Once the new baby arrives, I plan to try it out on a double stroller, so I can stroll around town with all 3 kids. What I love about our new stroller/ stroller board combo is that the Bumprider easily fold up and clips when you are not using it. So I can walk to school to get Maggie pushing Alex in the light weight Groove Ultralight, with the kick board folded up. Then, when we get Maggie, she can walk a little while and then I can quickly unhook the Bumprider and she can hop on and ride the rest of the way home. This has been a great part of our daily strolls around town.
As far as the stroller itself goes, the Joovy Groove Ultralight is the best umbrella stroller I’ve used. It’s the lightest stroller we own but still seems very roomy (even Maggie fits comfortably in it at 4.5 years old).
These are the top 5 Reasons I’d recommend the Joovy Groove Ultralight:
1. It’s very lightweight. It weighs under 13lbs and is the lightest stroller I’ve had. To make it even easier to carry, there’s a great built in strap.
2. There’s a large storage area underneath. The storage area under the Joovy Groove Ultralight is a lot bigger and easier to access than most umbrella strollers we’ve used. This is great for school pickup because the girls backpacks, coats, etc easily fit under the stroller.
3. It has a large sunshade. You don’t see a sunshade this big on many lightweight umbrella strollers. There is a regular sized sunshade with an extra visor piece that comes down further. It’s great for sunny days or sleeping kids!
4. The side mesh pockets are a hit with kids and convenient for extra storage. My kids put their water bottle on one side and favorite toy on the other side.
5. My kids love it. The most important feature for me is that my kids actually want to sit in it. At 3, Alex still needs a stroller for travel and long walks. She’s also my “runner” so when we are walking around busy streets, it makes me nervous to not have her in a stroller. She hasn’t been crazy about being in a stroller the past few months, but hopped right into the Groove Ultralight. It’s easy for her to get in and out, roomy enough for her to be comfortable and she never complains while riding around in it. The features of the stroller are geared towards a comfortable ride for kids, while the weight and ease of use are a hit for parents.
With the Joovy Groove Ultralight and Bumprider, we are really enjoying our new way to stroll around town!