I love fall outings. Sometimes as fall approaches it feels like there are not enough weekends to cover all of the great activities in the area. I think fall is the prettiest time of year in the Northeast, so even the drive to where we are going is enjoyable. This past weekend we traveled to one of my favorite fall places: Riamede Farm. It’s in New Jersey and somewhere I have great memories of as a child. I love apple picking and Riamede has a great selection of apples and it’s easy to navigate with small children. It’s the 2nd year we have taken the kids there and they have a blast running through the orchard collecting apples.
They also have a hayride out to pick pumpkins, produce and gorgeous sunflowers. After all the hard working of picking apples, pumpkins, etc you have to make one last stop for their amazing cider hot dogs and donuts. This kids were totally worn out and slept on the drive home.
Speaking of driving with 4 kids….
We recently tried out the new Graco Extend2Fit 3-in-1 car seat. I’ve been on the hunt for a seat that’s really comfortable for “bigger” kids refacing and this one is great. When my first two were toddlers, the recommended age wasn’t yet 2 years old. I turned both of them around before 2. Now, with the new recommendations, Tommy is still rear facing (will be 2 next week) and his brother will be rear facing for a long time yet (8 months). The Graco Extend2Fit 3-in-1 seems to have really taken into consideration the new recommendations and keeping kids comfortable while safely rear facing longer. We want them to be as safe as possible, but we want them to be comfortable too.
The Extend2Fit 3-in-1 Car Seat features a 3-position extension panel that provides 5” of extra legroom. This makes the child a lot more comfortable, especially if they are tall for their age.
10 features I like about the seat:
- Five extra inches of legroom for rear facing
- It’s like three car seats in one: rear-facing with harness from 4 – 50 lbs., forward-facing with harness from 22 – 65 lbs., and high-back belt-positioning booster from 30 – 100 lbs.
- The 10-position adjustable headrest (the harness adjusts with the headrest)
- The 6-position recline
- A steel-reinforced frame that provides strength and durability for up to 10 years. Fuss-free harness storage which holds the buckle out of the way for easy in and out
- SimplySafe™ Adjust harness system helps parents easily adjust the height of the harness and headrest together
- Easy-to-read level indicator eliminates installation guesswork
- InRight™ LATCH system for a one-second LATCH attachment
- Machine washable seat cover
- I sat all 4 kids in it (ranging from 0-6) and it could be adjusted to fit all of them. I’d say that’s a “good deal”!
Here’s a brief video that helps show the seat a little better. I wanted to highlight how you can very easily see (by color and number) what incline the seat should be set at and how many positions there are. Also, how you easily can change the height as they grow:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. We received the seat for the purpose of review and we were compensated for the post. As always, all opinions are my own.