This post is sponsored by Nestle Pure Life.
We are in our final week of school & both the kids and I are looking forward to the official end of school and the start to summer adventures. With my oldest child in full day kindergarten, I miss having him join us in our weekday adventures around town. I am so looking forward to having him home all summer long & taking all three children out on fun summer adventures together. In our post below, we are sharing some of our favorite outdoor summer activities for families that are easy to do with your little ones!
Before you head out on the following fun adventures with your family, make sure you are well-prepared and ready for a day of fun. There are three things that I find that I must carry with me: sunscreen, snacks, and water. It’s important to keep your kids, and yourself, energized & hydrated. I try to find snacks that will last through the heat and that are already portioned out in serving size bags making it easy to grab and go while we are out having fun. I also keep Nestle Pure Life water on hand to grab and go when you head out for summer fun. The larger size Nestle Pure Life water bottles work great for adults to grab and go, while I love the petite sized Nestle Pure Life water bottles for my kids. Carrying these three items is essential to a fun & safe adventure out together as a family in the summer.
10 Outdoor Summer Activities for Families
1. Enjoy a fun nature hike together as a family. It could be anywhere: a desert, mountains, forest, or even in your backyard. Make it fun, keep it simple, & make sure to pack the sun essentials listed above.
2. Our favorite summer adventure as a family is heading to our local pool. It’s a great way to beat the heat & have fun together as a family. Again, make sure you have the water & snacks and pack a big bag of pool toys to keep your little ones entertained.
3. Plan a fun pirate adventure in your backyard. Create a treasure map for your kids & have them look for hidden treasure (snacks, small toy) using the map to lead the way. This would be a great play date idea to do with several young children together and end with snacks, water, & popsicles for all.
4. Head out for a family bike ride. For those super hot days, turn on the sprinkler & let the kids bike through the sprinkler.
5. Host an outdoor water adventure play date. Set up several play stations where kids can play in the water: water table, mini water slide into baby pool, sprinkler, etc. Let the kids play for hours while the parents get a few minutes to enjoy one another’s company!
6. Summer is a great time to try out some new parks or visit some of your old favorites together as a family. One way to beat the heat in the summer is to arrive at the parks early in the morning before the playground gets super hot or visit right before bedtime after Daddy arrives home from work. Avoid the mid-day hours when the sun is shining bright & it’s extra hot. We also love to find parks that have spray grounds nearby to help keep us cool!
7. Another favorite summer activity is visiting the beach. Our favorite summer memories come from the weeks at the beach where we take some time to just spend time together as a family. Again, make sure to pack the summer essentials before heading to the beach and don’t forget the towels!
8. Visit local summertime fairs. My kids love festivals & fairs and one of the highlights in their year is heading to the local fair to kick off summer.
9. Take a trip to a local farm. Growing up in Iowa, I am all about teaching my kids a little bit about country life despite living the busy life of the East Coast. One of our favorite things to do is visit a local farm. Many farms that are geared towards kids have activities to engage children that are free or low cost.
10. Our last summer adventure to enjoy together as a family is to head out and pick some fresh fruit or vegetables. One of our favorite places to pick fruit varies what they carry from month to month so we just keep an eye on the website for some of our favorite fruits & head out for a fun summer day to pick and have fun.
We hope this list inspires you to beat the heat & have fun this summer together as a family. Again in all of these activities, we encourage you to get that sunscreen applied, pack those snacks, & make sure to stay hydrated with Nestle Pure Life water!
Nestle Pure Life: 12 Steps to Quality. It’s not just our process, it’s our promise.
(Visited 250 times, 1 visits today)