For more holiday inspiration, please follow our Pinterest boards for our latest pins, including all our favorite holiday ideas!
Today, I am sharing four holiday crafts to do this holiday season (or pin to remember to do next year). I co-hosted a holiday Pinterest party this year & several of the crafts were done at this event! All of these crafts are simple and fun to do on your own or get a group of friends together & have a little “holiday crafting” party. We hope you enjoy our simple holiday craft ideas below!
Countdown to Christmas Block
- 2 x 4 wood pieces, cut to desired length. This one is about 12 inches.
- Red or Green Spray Paint
- Mod Podge
- Chalkboard Labels
- Scrapbook Paper
- Card Stock
1. Spray paint wood pieces and let dry. (You may need more than one coat!)
2. Cut out scrapbook paper to fit onto the front of the wood block.
3. Print (or if you would like, hand write) onto card stock Days Until Christmas.
4. Mod Podge the scrapbook paper & card stock onto the block. I recommend 2-3 coats of Mod Podge. Let dry in between and after all coats.
5. Add chalkboard label & then start counting down the days until Christmas!
DIY Holiday Burlap Banner
- Plate (We used plates from the Dollar Tree!)
- Oil-Based Sharpie Pens
1. Draw design onto plate. Ideas include: Cookies for Santa, Santa face, ornaments, Christmas light strand, Happy Birthday Jesus, & other fun designs.
2. Bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.
(I would recommend hand-washing as I have never tried my own design in the dishwasher!)
DIY Holiday Burlap Banner
- 8 inch wide burlap roll. I ordered this burlap roll, but I did this with a large group & we have PLENTY left over even after almost 50 banners were made!
- Template (I created this one here that you can download & use)
- Alphabet Stencils-This is the set I ordered!
- Red and Green Craft Paint
- Foam Paintbrush
- Mini Spouncers
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
1. Cut out desired number of triangles out of the burlap using the template to guide you. If you buy the 8 inch wide burlap, then you can just alternate facing the triangles right side up & upside down without wasting any burlap.
2. Cut a piece of twine that is long enough to fit all the triangles spaced out with 1-2 inches in between. Leave a little extra for the ends to hang.
3. Glue the triangles onto the twine with the glue gun.
4. Take each stencil & tape with masking tape onto the burlap in the center.
5. Dip the foam brush into the black paint & dab lightly over the letter until completely covered with black paint.
6. Pull off stencil & letter will appear!
7. Repeat until you have spelled your holiday phrase or word (JOY, BE MERRY, NOEL, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, ETC).
8. Add little polka dots with spouncer dipped in paint.
9. Let dry & hang!
Christmas Nativity Ornament
- Man Peg Person
- Woman Peg Person
- Wood Circle
- Wood Square
- Craft Paint (We used peach, white, red, & brown but you can pick what colors you would like)
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
1. Paint the man & woman peg person. Paint the wood circle peach and the wood square white. Let dry.
2. Glue the wood circle onto the wood square for baby Jesus.
3. Glue the man and woman together for Mary and Joseph.
4. Glue the wood square onto Mary and Joseph.
5. Glue a small bit of raffia under Jesus to make the hay.
6. Glue twine on to the back so you can hang the ornament!
(Visited 1,814 times, 5 visits today)