We are now almost a month into our summer vacation & I couldn’t be happier. I love having the kids home all day. Yes, it’s exhausting but I love having the freedom to do whatever we want without schedules & commitments to fill our days up. We kicked off our summer with a ten day trip to the beach. We spent everyday digging in the sand, playing in the surf, and soaking up the sun. Once we arrived home, we have pretty much spent every day at the pool. There’s something about our trips at the pool that keep these long summer days full of sanity. The kids swim their hearts out, delight in their daily ice cream treats, & we get to enjoy some great company with fellow families. So today, when I am talking about summer favorites, it’s pretty obvious that all of my summer favorites so far this year are related to water because that’s what we have done:)
1. Sunuva Swimsuits: Courtney & I have been using Sunuva swimwear with our kids for the past couple years. Their suits are stylish, fun, and most importantly protective against the sun. You can be confident that Sunuva offers the best sun protection for your little ones, because all of their swimwear features UPF+50 sun protection.
Sunuva swimwear ranges in size 6 months to 14 years and there are so many fun prints to be found for boys and girls. Sunuva swimwear is made to last. My kids’ swimsuits from Sunuva still fit from last year from, and even with plenty of wear and tear from the ocean and pool, the suits are still in excellent condition. The kids love the fun prints & these swimsuits are really some of the most adorable suits that we own.
2. Real Kids Sunglasses: I have to admit that we have gone through a lot of sunglasses over the years. Trust me, between breaking and losing pairs, we have seen more than enough pairs of sunglasses go through this house! Today, I’m sharing a new “beach favorite” in our households because we have find a pair of sunglasses for kids that will last! Real Shades are stylish and made to last. With the bend’em, flex’em, and you can’t break’em technology, these sunglasses for kids are virtually unbreakable. There are many other reasons we love the Real Shades sunglasses for our children: the adjustable/removable band, 100% UVA/UVB protection, shatterproof lenses, and the wrap around frames. There are a variety of sizes for children ranging from babies all the way to young adult. Our crew of children have been wearing these sunglasses for the past month and through all the rough and tumble that our kids have put on these glasses, they are still as good as new!
3. Sand Toys: Every year before we head to the beach, we stock up on a new set of beach toys. These toys get a ton of use not just at the beach, but also when we head back home for trips to the pool and to the park. This year, we got the beach basket set from American Plastic Toys. It comes with a variety of molds, small pail, bucket, and sifter lid as well as a bucket to carry all the small toys in. My kids had a blast at the beach with their new sand toys!
4. Sprinkler: As much as we love the beach and the pool, there are always a few days that we just can’t make the trip there. Instead, we take the water fun to the backyard! This year, the kids are loving the Hydro Swirl Spinning sprinkler. This fun sprinkler shoots out water just like a regular sprinkler, but also has six wiggle tubes that shoot water in every direction. The kids have a blast running and jumping through the water!
And for Courtney’s tiny beach goers…
5. Bumkins Swim Diapers: I’ve tried a lot of swim diapers over the years and this summer, our favorite are Bumkins. Bumkins new reusable swim diapers are durable and waterproof. Also, they keep any diaper contents tightly contained to prevent spills. They come in a range of sizes and a bunch of adorable patterns. There are cute summer patterns plus DC Comics, Dr. Seuss, Disney and more.
6. Aden + Anais: We seem to use Aden + Anais all day in our house lately – blankets, bibs, at bath time etc. This summer I tried their clothing for the first time and their breathable sleeping bag. Both have been great for keeping Miles comfy and cool. The clothes are made in the same soft, breathable fabric as the swaddles and come in many of the same patterns. The sleeping bag has been wonderful. Miles still is cozy at night, but not too hot.