8 Daily Habits For A Clean House
1. Make Beds. We do this almost every morning, winter or summer. There’s something that makes a room that much more clean just with a neat bed.
2. Put paperwork away. You will feel so much better if you can just get that paper away from the counters! I even have a bin just for papers that I need to read, but haven’t had time to. I have a bin for school artwork that I need to hang/store/or throw away. I have a bin for mail for my husband. And I have several more bins: coupons, magazines, etc. All papers have to be placed a bin by the end of the day. The most important thing is that these bins are in a cabinet & at the the end of the day, I can’t see them unless I open the cabinet. It’s still there, but I just can’t see it!
3. Sweep and vacumn at least one room in your house. With little kids, we create A LOT of mess on the floor. Crushed cereal, cracker crumbs, paper scraps, & so much more hit our floors each day. It’s amazing the mess you create with young children at home. There’s ALWAYS something on the floor. My suggestion is to find a vacumn that you love from a brand you trust. I am excited to share more about the Hoover Air Cordless 2-In-1 vacumn today. Yes, you heard right, it’s cordless! This vacumn has no cord which means no more plugging & unplugging, no winding & rewinding, and no tripping or tangling the cord. You can zoom from room to room without having to worry about the cord anymore! It’s pretty awesome, especially when you have a mess in about every room of the house.
The Hoover Air Cordless 2-In-1 is both a handheld vacumn & an upright stick vacumn. I always do a quick vacumn using the upright stick vacumn in each room to get most of the mess. Then, there are always the baseboards, nooks, &
crannies to quickly clean using the Hoover handheld vacumn. The handheld vacumn is also super handy for small spills & quick messes to clean up.
This vacumn features the Windtunnel 3 technology that provides performance & has great suction power to lift and remove dirt. Being able to do vacumn throughout the house without unplugging & plugging in the cord makes me much more efficient. The vacumn runs on a rechargeable LithiumLife battery that is also interchangeable with other items in the Hoover cordless line, including two other vacumns and a hard floor wet cleaner.
4. Do a Quick Pick-Up at Night. We try to pick up all bedrooms & main living areas so they are neat & straightened by the end of the night. ( But just so you know, our playroom is in the basement AND does not get cleaned every night! We usually attempt to clean our playroom only once or twice a week!) All toys in our family room are put away, books are returned to shelves, pillows are put back on the couch, & all clothes are either hung or put into baskets. It’s so nice to relax after the kids go to bed without a bunch of clutter or stuff lying around. And yes, we try to make the kids help in this quick pick-up and/or a lot of it happens while I am cooking or cleaning up from dinner!
5. Do a load of laundry each day. I usually throw in a load while the kids are getting dressed early in the morning. I switch it over before we head out for the morning. Then, I fold and put away during naptime. It really helps in our new house that our laundry is on the same floor as our bedrooms. No more running up and down stairs!
6. Clean the kitchen daily. This is a big & never-ending job in our house since we eat so many meals at home with little kids at home. I try to wash or load dishes and do a quick clean on the counters after each meal. After dinner, I make sure to do a more in-depth clean. I use a spray cleaner on the table & counters. We load all dishes in the dishwasher & run the dishwasher overnight. I try to clean & clear the counters so we start our morning with a clean and fresh start!
7. Empty the dishwasher every morning. We run the dishwasher every night & while the kids are eating breakfast, you will find me unloading the dishes. We fill it up again during the day & repeat the cycle every day.
8. Add a fresh scent. I often light a candle in the evening to give the house a fresh smell & it’s a nice way to relax after a long day!
We hope these simple tips help you stay clean & organized during this “busy” season of your life!