By Sarah Tucker, visit her blog here.
Buying something for your mother in law and/or your mom can be tricky! you want to get juuuuust the right thing. Here’s some tried and true, and some other faves to consider:
For the Mother In Law or Mom who loves a little something sentimental:
- Minted Silhouette
- Family Watercolor picture … another idea is to recreate an old photo of hers that is special. Maybe when your husband was little with her.
- a beautiful portrait of a grandchild – this artist is so talented.
- silhouette ornament
- silhouette bangle
- Maya Brenner Initial necklace. Get the initials of their grandchild or their own initials!
- Mama ring
Stylish Mom/Mother In law:
- Ginger Jar ornaments
- coral frames (with a photo in it!) – I have these on my foyer table and love them so much. They were my mother’s day gift!
- Pewter herb marker set
- Lisi Lerch Earrings – such pretty earrings and go with almost anything.
- market backpack
For the busy mamas:
- Emily Ley Smiplified planner for 2019
- These adorable tennis bags would be so great for a lady that plays tennis!
- write the word journals
For the mom who needs some relaxing:
- Baby Facial plus marula oil set. Y’all know I love Drunk Elephant and this lasts a long time!
- Silk sleep mask
- pack your bags undereye patches
- Lake Pajamas
Someone recently recommended giving an experience with their son to their mother in law. Like a cooking class they could do together! I thought that was super sweet and thoughtful. What’s been a good gift you’ve given your mom or mother in law that’s gone over well? You may also find some ideas on my 15 most thoughtful gifts!