By: Jane of 9 Busy Bees
Hi! I’m Jane, an only child turned big family mom of 9 kids ranging in age from 14-1. We are the family next door just supersized. I am a master chaos coordinator, professional diaper changer, 15 passenger van driver, and bed time story reader extraordinaire. I started a blog last year as an outlet and to share a window into our big family life, www.9busybees.com.
In our house we LOVE all books, especially Christmas/Advent books. In honor of my 9 busy bees (my kiddos), I wanted to share 9 of our favorite holiday stories.
9 Favorite Holiday Books
Three of our favorites are by the same author Jan Brett. Her illustrations are beautiful and magical and we love the tales about the trolls. She has so many amazing books, it was hard to narrow it down to just 3.
- Christmas Trolls
- Home for Christmas
- The Wild Christmas Reindeer
- Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s Christmas by Joy Cowley – My little kiddos love this book, it is a really fun read-aloud.
- Snowmen at Christmas by Carolyn and Mark Buehner. It is fun to imagine what the the snowmen do for the holidays
- The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado. We have had this book for almost 14 years, it is the Christmas story told from the perspective of a little lamb. Warning: I cry every time I read it.
- Angelina’s Christmas by Katherine Holabird. One of our all time favorite character’s, Angelina, helps bring Christmas to Mr. Bell. Sweet story about reaching out and sharing with our neighbors during the holidays.
- The Jolly Christmas Postman by Allan Ahlberg. The Jolly Postman bring Christmas letters and surprises from the likes of the Big Bad Wolf, All the King’s Men, etc…Over the years we have lost some of the cards and letters but my kiddos still love this book.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess. Our list wouldn’t be complete with out this classic.
What are your family’s favorite Christmas books?
Wishing you the Happiest of Holidays!