“There’s the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps.” – Mary Poppin. This is one of my favorite costume duos yet. It might be because this it’s one of my favorite movies (and the kids too). We had so much fun dressing up for today’s DIY costume Mary Poppins and Bert.
DIY Costume Mary Poppins and Bert
We made the costume using clothes from Mini Boden. They had the perfect clothes to dress as Mary Poppins and Bert and they’re all clothes they will re-wear all fall and winter. Then, I added a few accessories that we had or found online and we were all set for an afternoon in London. You can find all of the items in Boden’s new fall line: here.
DIY Mary Poppins Costume:
- Mini Boden tweed jacket
- Mini Boden skirt
- Mini Boden navy boots
- Mini Boden white ruffle neck shirt
- Red ribbon for necktie
- Black hat
DIY Bert Costume:
- Mini Boden corduroy pants
- Mini Boden navy sweater
- Pageboy hat (we had one but look on Amazon, at a thrift store, at your grandpa’s house)
- A chimney sweep (Amazon or borrow from a friend)
- Black face paint: we made a few lines of face paint and then smeared them to look like Bert
For more DIY costumes, click here!