“I’m rocking in my school shoes, I’m rocking in my school shoes, I’m rocking in my school shoes.” Just like Pete the Cat, it’s that time of year where we stroll down the street & head off for our first day of school. Today, I wanted to share about our back to school sneaker picks this year & a fun back to school craft for kids!
The kids could not be more excited to put on their brand new sneakers, the Leepz sneaker from Stride Rite. These sneakers were a favorite in our house last year & the kids couldn’t wait to pick out a new pair for school this year. These shoes are bright, comfortable, & fun to wear!
Of course, their favorite feature is that the Stride Rite Leepz sneakers light up with every step! Other great features include:
- lightweight midsole for maximum flexibility
- mesh linings with anti-microbial treatment reduces odor
- alternative closure with hook & look for easy on/off adjustability
- memory foam insole for enhanced comfort
Leepz is a favorite for kids of all ages. My boys, ages eight and six, love that they are sporty looking & come in a variety of colors. This year, they both picked the shoe to match their favorite football team. For girls, there’s pink, purple, aqua blue, & more. The sneakers come in for kids as small as size 7 & as big as size 3.
This year, the kids couldn’t be more excited to wear their new sneakers from Stride Rite, the Leepz sneaker. These sneakers have been instant favorites in our house and the kids can’t wait to wear them to school this year.
One of our favorite back to school books is “Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes”. We were excited to create this fun back to school craft to pair with the book. It’s a great craft for preschoolers because it works on shapes & scissors skills.
Pete the Cat Craft for Kids
- 2 Pieces of White Construction Paper
- Blue Construction Paper
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Google Eyes
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Assorted Pom-Poms in various colors
- Cut out one long blue rectangle for Pete’s body.
- Next, cut out one blue pentagon for Pete’s head.
- Cut out four blue small rectangles for Pete’s legs.
- Then, cut out two blue triangles for Pete’s ears.
- Cut out two yellow oval eyes for Pete’s eyes.
- Next, cut out a blue tail for Pete.
- Cut out one white nose for Pete.
- Assemble the pieces together to create Pete the Cat. Glue onto a piece of white construction paper,
- Cut out whiskers for Pete using the black pipe cleaners. Glue onto Pete’s face.
- Glue two google eyes onto Pete’s eyes.
- Add assorted pom-poms to create “rocking school shoes” on Pete.
We hope that you rock into the school year with this fun Pete the Cat craft. Also, make sure to check out Stride Rite for some new “rocking” back to school shoes. To learn more about Stride Rite, make sure to visit the following links:
Disclosure: We were compensated for this post as part of an ambassadorship with Stride Rite. As always, all opinions are our own.