I think my whole family would agree: Proof at Four Seasons Scottsdale is our favorite restaurant ever. We’ve eaten meals out with kids for about the past 6 years. We enjoy going out to meals with our kids and have tried restaurants near and far. From local places in town to meals in other countries, we’ve tried everything from fast food to fine dinning. The key to a good meal out with kids is the staff and how they welcome you with a family.
Often places you think you’d “never want to dine with children” turn out to be the best place you’ve ever taken them, thanks to a warm welcome from the staff. If the people are nice to the kids and make you feel relaxed, everyone has a better time. Then of course you need food your kids will eat. Of all the places we’ve eaten with our kids, our favorite place is Proof at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale. We’ve visited the resort twice now and tried Proof for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Each and every experience has been a lot of fun and with outstanding food.
If you ask Maggie or Alex what their favorite restaurant is, they will definitely answer “Proof”.
Here’s why our kids love Proof at Four Seasons Scottsdale:
– The toys and coloring: Each child gets an Etch-A-Sketch to play with. The first time the girls were handed one, they tried to make it work by dragging their fingers across the screen like an iPad. Once we taught them how to use it they had a lot of fun. I loved seeing kids around the restaurant enjoying some good old fashioned “screen time”!
– The food: My girls are convinced that Proof has the “best pasta on the planet”. Maggie just gets her pasta plain with butter, but I think part of the reason they are excited about the kids’ food at Proof is that it’s served on fun, colorful kid friendly, tray styled dishes. They also get kid sized silverware. I haven’t been to many other restaurants that cater to kids meals like this, but I think it makes my kids feel more at home.
– The staff: The staff at Proof couldn’t possibly be more fun and welcoming. From the hostess to the servers, everyone was friendly to the kids, talked to them and made them feel very welcome. My kids knew everyone’s name by the second meal we ate there and they still ask for some of the servers by name. Months after our trip we’ve heard “Let’s go to dinner at Proof tonight and see Ceasar”. If it wasn’t a 5 hour plane ride away, we’d be there!
– The ice cream: No one has a dessert counter like Proof! The kids can saddle up to the ice cream bar and pick out a homemade ice cream flavor followed by a large assortment of toppings. This is the highlight of the meal and always full of smiles.
Here’s why my husband and I love Proof:
– The food: The food at Proof is outstanding. Both Tom and I would agree some of the best meals we have ever had were at Proof. It was tough to choose our favorites, but Tom and I chatted and our top recommendations are: the BBQ Rib Bites with Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce, the Stuffed Zucchini Squash with house made sausage, Beer Can Chicken and the Peach & Bourbon Pie for dessert.
– The drinks: There’s an extensive beer list to choose from, including some great local brews to try. There are also specialty cocktails at Proof like the Clint Eastwood and the “You Sweet Talker”. After a long day of chasing the kids around the pool, a few drinks with dinner are much enjoyed.
– The atmosphere: The atmosphere at Proof is fun, fresh and truly all american. You want to kick back and relax with a beer while enjoying time with your family. Whether it’s a Friday night dinner or a Sunday brunch (or anything in between), Proof is a great place to be.
– The staff: It’s not easy going out to a meal with 3 little kids. When you head to a beautiful location like Proof at Four Seasons Scottsdale, you could easily be nervous that the kids are going to act up and not behave the way you want. The staff at Proof makes those worries disappear as soon as you walk in the door. Every time, the hostess came around, bent down to greet the kids, smiled and made us feel like we were truly welcomed there for dinner. The whole time, the staff did everything they could to make sure everyone was happy, fed quickly, entertained and having a great meal.
Last but not least, Proof is a great place to dine out with kids, because kids eat free! That’s right, all kids 5 and under eat meals free of charge (resort guests only).
Right now Proof is celebrating Pumpkin Month! They are welcoming fall with a pumpkin inspired menu, beer pairings and seasonal cocktails.
At dinner, there’s a special three-course menu that features: a first course of roasted pumpkin soup, with cinnamon, sage and crème fraiche, followed by spiced maple-glazed duck confit legs served with caramelized pear, roasted pumpkin and pumpkin seeds for the entree, and then the dessert is a pumpkin spice milkshake, with vanilla whipped cream and graham cracker crisps. There are seasonal beer pairings available for the menu too. If you don’t want all 3 pumpkin courses, the whole menu is also available a la carte.
In addition to delicious pumpkin food and beer, Proof has a special seasonal cocktail for Pumpkin Month: The Great Pumpkin with butterscotch liqueur, vanilla vodka, spiced rum, cream, pumpkin simple syrup and pumpkin spice.
If that doesn’t sound like enough pumpkin goodness for you, there’s even more to enjoy at breakfast: donut french toast with pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin cranberry syrup and graham cracker crumbles, or you can enjoy pumpkin spice coffee cake.
Head to Proof this month to enjoy all the seasonal specialities and know that you’ll be welcomed and have a wonderful time with your whole family!