This recipe is the perfect sweet treat for fall! It combines my love for candy corn & salted peanuts with the sweet taste of one of my favorite homemade treats, cracker candy. It’s super simple to make & is highly addictive. It’s the sweetest way I know to embrace the feeling of fall:)
(Pin it here)
Candy Corn Pretzel Toffee
- Approximately 1/2 pound of mini pretzels, enough to cover the bottom of the pan
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Candy Corn
- Salted Peanuts
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a jelly roll pan (approximately 12 x 17) pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with a non-stick spray.
3. Cover the bottom of the pan with the mini pretzels.
4. Melt the butter & brown sugar together in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture starts to bubble, cook for 4 minutes without stirring.
5. Immediately pour the caramel mixture over the pretzels. Try to cover the pretzels as best you can, but don’t worry if you miss a few spots. The caramel will spread out as it bakes!
6. Bake for 3-5 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Immediately, sprinkle chocolate chips over the pretzels & caramel mixture. Let them sit for a few minutes so they melt & then stir around with a rubber spatula to help spread the chocolate.
7. Sprinkle with candy corn & salted peanuts.
8. Let the toffee cool completely at room temperature. You can also place the mixture into the refrigerator to help it set. Break into pieces & enjoy!
(Pin it here)