Another post for this Tuesday, this recipe would be perfect for Super Bowl Sunday!
Where I grew up in Iowa, there was several places that I could order one of my favorite things: TACO PIZZA!!!!! Now that I live halfway across the country, I have yet to find a pizza place around here that sells such a thing. So I am taking matters in my own hands and created my own, which we shared with you in our virtual Pinterest night this past weekend. Courtney and her family came over to help make and enjoy their first experience with taco pizza!
This recipe is easy, delicious, and kid friendly: perfect for this household!
- Pre-Made/Refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 Pound of Ground Beef
- Can of Refried Beans
- Taco Seasoning
- 2-3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Tomatoes, Sliced Olives, Shredded Lettuce, Green Onions, Tortilla Chips/Doritos, Taco Sauce
1. Preheat oven for 400 degrees (or follow instructions on the pizza crust).
2. Make the taco meat: cook the ground beef and add the taco seasoning using the instructions on the taco seasoning packet.
3. Roll out pizza crust. (I used the Trader Joe’s pizza dough which does not require pre-baking before adding ingredients, but follow the directions on the pizza crust label.)
4. Scoop the can of refried beans into a bowl. Warm up in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to make them easier to spread.
5. Spread the beans on the pizza crust, just like you would spread pizza sauce.
6. Top with the taco meat.
7. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
8. Bake in oven for 12-16 minutes.
9. Take out of oven and top with optional toppings (sliced olives, cherry tomatoes, shredded lettuce, green onions, and I think a MUST: nacho-flavored tortilla chips). Serve with taco sauce.
A perfect fun dinner for PIZZA night with friends! Hope you enjoy!
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)