For more Valentine inspiration, please follow our Pinterest boards for our latest pins or visit our Seasonal tab for all of our Valentine related posts! Don’t forget to enter our BIG Valentine giveaway that ends 1/26/15!
Today, I am sharing a quick and easy way to make some festive cupcakes for Valentine’s Day: Chocolate Heart Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting. All created with a special heart on the top! You could really use any cake recipe (or cake mix) and any frosting for this fun Valentine cupcake with a heart on top. All you do is make the cupcakes & let them cool. Then I made a hole in the middle of the top and dug out a small piece of the cake. (The hole was about the size of a nickel.) Fill the hole with frosting. Then make the frosting on the top look like a heart and add sprinkles! It’s super easy to do but a quick way to make your cupcakes look a little more festive. Below I have included the recipe that I used for these Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Cream Frosting.
First we will start with the cupcake recipe & then follow with the strawberry recipe.
1 1/3 c. flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa, & salt.
3. Using a mixer, cream together the buter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture & milk, alternating until completely added.
7. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
9. Let cool and then frost.
1/2 box (around 4 ounces) of frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
1 cup butter, softened
4-5 cups of powdered sugar
1. Place the strawberries into a blender and puree.
2. Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
3. Add half of the powdered sugar to butter and beat until combined and fluffy.
4. Add in strawberry puree until combined.
5. Beat in the remaining powdered sugar!