Watching my kids make their Christmas wish lists takes me back to my own childhood days when I would sit on our living room couch, next to my dad reading the newspaper, and browse the toy catalogs and newspaper advertisements that we received in the mail making my own holiday wish list. Of course, first on my list was an American Girl Doll (that I never received!). My wish list continued with Barbies, Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, board games & puzzles, and a giant list of books. With a brother just two years older than me, we also would browse through the Sega Genesis games and VHS movies that we could enjoy together. Wish list making was more about the tradition and the joy of browsing through the toy catalogs, not really about actually receiving the gift (because trust me, I knew I was never going to get an American Girl doll being the youngest of four children!).
Fast forward fifteen years later & I am now watching my own children create their own holiday wish list! To create their wish lists, we browsed catalogs and searched some of our favorite shopping websites for their own recommended toys, including Kmart’s Fab 15 holiday toy list. This holiday toy list features the ultimate toys that kids want for the holidays which gives parents and gift-givers insight into the season’s hottest trends. Kmart selects it’s Fab 15 toys based on industry trends, input from kids and parents, as well as more than 50 years of experience in knowing what toys resonate with different ages, stages, and play patterns. From big toys that make great, unexpected gifts to toys inspired by characters that kids know and love like Elsa, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – the Kmart Fab 15 list of hot holiday toys includes:
- Disney Doc McStuffins Sleepytime Lambie by Just Play (Kmart exclusive)
- Holiday Auburn Barbie™ 2014 Doll by Mattel® (Kmart exclusive)
- My Little Pony Equestria Girls Rainbow Rocks Mane Event Stage Playset by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusive)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® Power Wheels® Lil’ Dune Racer by Fisher-Price® (Kmart exclusive)
- Transformers Age of Extinction Optimus Prime and Grimlock 12-Inch Electronic Figures by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusives)
- WWE® Cardinal Red John Cena 31” Figure by Wicked Cool Toys® (Kmart exclusive)
- Zoomer Dino by Spin Master™
- Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa Doll by TollyTots
- FurReal Friends Get Up and GoGo My Walkin’ Pup Pet by Hasbro®
- LEGO® Super Heroes Line from Marvel™ and DC Comics™
- NERF® Zombie Strike SlingFire Blaster
- Nickelodeon PAW Patrol Look-Out Playset, Vehicles and Figurines, and Rescue Racers by Spin Master™
- Play-Doh® DohVinci Style and Store Vanity Complete Design Set by Hasbro®
- Simon Swipe Game by Hasbro®
- VTech® Kidizoom® Smartwatch
- Aiden would love the Lego Super Heroes set & the Simon Swipe game.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Power Wheels Lil’ Dune Racer. I’m in love with this for my middle son, Andrew. He would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!
- Little Abby fell in love with the FurReal Friends that our friends had at their house so this would be a fun addition to our house, although the Sleepytime Lambie is so cute! I have to admit that she could use a few girl toys of her own!
- All my kids are huge Paw Patrol fans so the new Paw Patrol toys that are out this year would be a great addition under our Christmas tree this year so they can recreate and imagine their own story lines with the Paw Patrol characters.
Right now, exclusively for Shop Your Way members, with any online purchase of a Fab 15 toy now through November 22, Kmart is extending it’s free trial of the Shop Your Way MAX program, which includes free two-day shipping for six months. Customers and members can shop for any of these items on the Fab 15 list at their local Kmart stores nationwide or online anytime. Also, this holiday season, Kmart is encouraging members and customers to give the gift of hope by joining them in support of St. Jude’s commitment to saving children’s lives. Beginning December 7, when customers purchase any of the Kmart Fab 15 toys, $1.00 will be donated to St. Jude – up to $25,000. Customers also have the option to donate at check-out at any Kmart store or online through December 27th. Kmart is the all-time leading corporate fundraiser for St. Jude where 100% of the donation to the St. Jude Thanks & Giving campaign goes towards understanding, treating, and defeating cancer & other diseases in children. We hope you enjoy making holiday lists with your kids as much as we do. There’s something magical about this time of year & these special holiday moments that you create for them will stay with them forever!