By: Courtney Byrne
Who’s excited for the release of the new Aladdin movie?! Aladdin was my favorite Disney movie when I was a kid. I can’t wait to see the live action movie with my kids. In honor of the new movie a group of us created recipes that would be fun to add to an Aladdin themed party, Aladdin viewing party, or just as a way to celebrate the new movie at home. As a kid, my favorite character was Abu the monkey and my current favorite recipe to make are banana chocolate chip muffins…. so I combined the two and created: Abu’s Money Around Muffins. These are the best banana chocolate chip muffins!
I’ve made a few different banana chocolate chip muffins the past few months and tweaked them until I made a batch that the whole family voted as the BEST. It’s a very simple recipe. I am not a great baker AT ALL, so if I can make these muffins, anyone can 🙂
The Best Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 bananas (make sure they’re really ripe)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp or just a pinch of salt
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and add liners to your muffin trays (or grease them). Peel and mash the bananas. Add in the melted butter and continue to mash until smooth. Add in the sugar, vanilla extract and egg. Next add the salt and baking soda. Stir in the flour until combined. Last add in the chocolate chips and stir. Divide into the muffin tins and bake for about 15-20 min depending on the size of the muffins. I usually stick with exactly 18 min. Enjoy!
For more super fun Aladdin themed recipes, check out the posts below. There are so many tasty ideas!
1. Oh Sweet Disney: Rajah’s Tiger Fudge
2 .Stress Free Mickey: Rajah’s Chai Spiced Cinnamon Rolls
3. Mouse and the Magic: Abu’s Chocolate Mousse Cups
4. One Little Spice: Magic Carpet Egg Rolls
5. Drop of Disney: Aladdin’s Magic Lamp Eclairs
6. The Disney Dinks : 3 Wishes Genie-Tini Cocktail
7. Melis Vida: Healthy Aladdin Parfaits
8.Post 50 RX: Cave of Wonder Milkshake
9. Paper Angels: Princess Jasmine Strawberries
10. The Everyday Mouse: Prince Ali Blueberry Lemon Aladdin Smoothie
11.Disney Fam Vacation
12. I Am a Honeybee: The Perfect Middle Eastern Baklava
Pin this post for later!