Recipe Guest Post: Strawberry Spinach Salad
We have another recipe guest post today! This is a perfect recipe for 4th of July or any summer BBQs coming up. My friend Lexi is wonderful host and has the best recipes. From parties for kids to nights out for ladies, she always serves crowd pleasing food.
Here’s one of her favorite salad recipes:
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 10 ounces fresh spinach – rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 1 quart strawberries – cleaned, hulled, and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds – blanched and slivered (I never have these so I always omit them!)
1. In medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, worcestershire sauce and onion. Cover and chill for one hour or longer.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Refrigerate 10-15 min before serving.