Here’s some exciting news for anyone local: there’s a brand new Disney Junior Play Zone at the Menlo Park Mall! We visited it last week and the kids had a blast. They didn’t want to leave. Here’s why I loved it too and we’ll definitely be heading back frequently:
1. It’s a great place to get out energy: Like most 2 and 3 years olds… my kids are super active. They spent all day in the yard or at the playground, so once the cold weather comes we SEARCH for indoor spots to get out their energy. The new Disney Junior Play Zone was perfect for this. They ran around climbing, jumping and getting out all kinds of energy. They both napped for hours after we got home!
2. Convenient Spot in the Mall: The Disney Junior Play Zone is really easy to find – it’s right outside the Nordstrom on the 2nd level. So just park at Nordstrom, use their elevator and stroll over to the play zone. So easy.
3. It’s clean: We all know that sometimes indoor play areas are not the cleanest place to bring toddlers/preschoolers. I was really impressed with how clean the Disney Junior Play Zone was. It’s also brand new which helps!
4. It’s in a quiet spot in the mall: I like that the Disney Junior Play Zone is not out in the middle of the mall. It’s upstairs tucked next to Nordstrom. It’s a quiet spot and not a place in the mall with a lot of people walking by.
5. There’s a bathroom: Ok… who likes taking little kids to use the bathroom at the mall? No one. Who likes having to change a diaper at the mall? No one. WELL the Disney Junior Play Zone has it’s OWN little bathroom in the corner of the play zone with a changing table. It’s just one bathroom that you can all fit in. It’s super clean too. I had to change a diaper and take a child to the bathroom while we were there and having a bathroom right there is a game changer.
6. It’s a free indoor activity: Did I mention it’s a FREE activity for kids? The play area is open regular mall hours and it’s free. We stopped by on our way into the mall, shopped a little and then stopped back again before we left. It’s hard to find indoor activities for toddlers and preschoolers for rainy day and in the winter months. It’s even harder to find free activities. This is such a great addition to our area of NJ.