The sun is shining. The weather is hot. And the kids are out of school. So today, we are sharing the ULTIMATE Backyard Toy Guide with all of our favorites to keep your kids having fun & staying active all summer. These are all tried and true favorite toys from Courtney & I that have provided endless hours of entertainment to our children in the back (and front!) yards.
First, we are starting with some of our “BIG” favorites. These are the toys that it may take one or two people to put together. Or carry. First, we both love a great swing set or climber, but it is not a MUST and it also is something to keep an eye out for a great used set. We have yet to buy an amazing swing set since we are here only temporarily right now for the next year, but I did find someone in my local mom’s group who was selling a great Little Tikes huge climber set for a great price. It took a little bit of effort to disassemble and reassemble but worth the small price for hours of entertainment this summer. Besides a swing set or play structure, here are some of our other favorites:
- Sandbox: Courtney has this one, Little Tikes Turtle Sandbox, while I found a great “boat” sandbox at BJ’s. Another option is a sand table or a sand/water table!
- Seesaw: This is the latest addition to Courtney’s yard and her girls are loving it!
- Little Tikes Swing and Little Tikes Disc Swing: We have both hanging from a tree in our front yards and keeps little and big kids happy!
- Little Tikes Slide: We use this daily and it is a great little “water slide” into the inflatable pool!
- Step 2 Cottage (or playhouse): Encourages lots of role play!
Now it’s time for some of our favorite riding toys…
- Strider Balance Bike: Hands down one of the best toy investments that I have made. Used daily!
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe: We have owned the same car since Aiden was less than a year old & Abby, as the third child, loves it just as much as her brothers did. LOVE our Cozy Coupe!
- Wagon: A fun toy to have on hand to take walks around the neighborhood. Aiden loves to pull Abby around now!
- Peg Perego John Deere Ride-On Toy: This was a gift for us but I have to say that it is AWESOME. My kids ride on it daily & LOVE LOVE LOVE their Deere! Any ride-on toy would work as I have friends who love the quads, convertibles, & more.
- Mini Micro Scooter – Blue: Another awesome investment for my kids. Again used daily!
Now for those kids who need to always be moving & playing…
- Step2 Kickback Soccer Goal And Pitch Back: This is great. It’s soccer goal on one side. You can throw a ball at the other side and it bounces back. And you can play a little hockey! The goal comes with soccer ball, hockey sticks & puck, and ball to throw! Perfect for the preschool age.
- Melissa & Doug 8 Activity Cones: One thing that I want to attempt this summer is little obstacle courses & dribbling games. I thought these cones would be perfect for lots of different backyard activities.
- Little Tikes Tot Sports T-Ball Set: Perfect for your little baseball player!
- Soccer Ball: An easy way to pass the time in the backyard.
- Franklin Glove & Baseball. This is one of my husband’s favorite things to do with the boys. Teach them to throw & catch.
Now it’s time for those kids who are always digging in sand & dirt…
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Seaside Sidekicks Sand Baking Set: A great bucket with some fun sand accessories included.
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Sifter: A great way to separate rocks, grass, & more!
- John Deere Sandbox Trucks: My son is all about his trucks. I’m not sure how many trucks & cars are in his sandbox right now but I know that he has his beloved John Deere’s in there!
- 3-Piece Garden Tool Set: Always great to have shovel, rake, and trowel!
- Melissa & Doug Mombo Snake Magnifying Glass: My boys love to look at bugs with their magnifying glass.
- Water Table: Any water table will do but for any child that can stand on their own, I recommend a water table. Another hands down best toy investment for my kids as we use almost daily in the summer.
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Grub Scouts Sprinkler: This one is a fun one for toddlers. It’s like a mini sprinkler that shoots water up for the kids to jump & play in. It isn’t as intimidating as the big sprinkler, but just as much fun!
- Swimming Pool: Again any pool will do, but it is one of our must-have items (especially since we aren’t pool members this summer!).
- Melissa & Doug Sunny Patch Bibi Bee Watering Can: The kids fill up again and again to water plants, grass, & each other.
- Stacking Cups: Great item to have to play with in the water table!
And now a few other favorites that I had to share, but yet don’t fit into any category!
- Ultra Stomp Rocket: My boys LOVE their stomp rocket. It shoots rockets up in the air & they chase over and over and over again.
- Play Tunnel: We don’t have this one, but the Ikea version that looks similiar. One of those toys that lasts several years. All three kids of mine love to play in the tunnel!
- Mini Ogodisk Super Disk Set: This is the only toy that I don’t technically own but we have played several times at friends. (It’s on my wish list!) A fun toy to throw, catch, & more.
- Sidewalk Chalk: We love to draw pictures, practice our letters, and make lines to follow with our bikes using the chalk. Always a summer must-have.
- Bubbles. ALWAYS have on hand. An easy way to make a sad toddler into a happy one!
Hope you enjoyed our Ultimate Backyard Toy List & we would LOVE for you to leave a comment sharing your favorite backyard toy with us! Click below for a few more of our favorite picks:
(Visited 424 times, 1 visits today)