My kids were not happy when all of the Christmas decorations came down. They were very involved in the decorating this year & wanted every item to stay out, especially the tree. They were thrilled when I said we could start decorating for Valentine’s Day. We’ve had fun taking out lots of pink, glitter & hearts. Julie & I have a few fun DIY projects. We’ve tried to make some that are easy, quick & cute. We’ve also found a few new items for our homes on Etsy. We still have a month to go. We’ve only begun to decorate in my house, so please share any Valentine’s decorating items in the comments!
Valentine items shown above:
1. Conversation Heart Mason Jar
Candy Conversation Hearts
Directions: This is an easy one! Fill the mason jar with candy hearts. Tie ribbon around the jar. I used a wide white ribbon & then tied a thin pink ribbon on top. This would also make a cute teacher gift for Valentine’s Day.
2. Frame A Printable
3. Burlap Heart Wreath or Pillow
1. Cut supplies to the size hearts you would like. You need 2 burlap hearts (same size) & 1 fabric heart. The burlap heart should be about 2 inches wider than the fabric heart.
2. Pin the fabric heart onto 1 of the burlap hearts & then sew the fabric to the burlap.
3. Pin the 2 pieces of burlap together & sew around, leaving the top part of the heart open.
4. Stuff the heart.
5. Pin the ribbon for hanging in place. Skip this step if you are making a pillow
6. Sew the top of the heart closed. Make a bow with the wide ribbon & sew or glue it to the heart.
4. DIY Valentine Family Ornaments
Paint Your Own Plaster Ornaments (I found these gems in the Christmas clearance at Michaels!)
Pictures (I just printed mine on regular printer paper)
Directions: Paint the ornaments until fully coated. (It took a few coats for the white not to show through) Cut out paper hearts and the pictures to fit onto the ornament. Glue them onto the ornament. Paint Mod Podge on the front of the ornament, on top of the heart and picture. This will put a matte coat on the front which prevents the picture from being damaged. Now, they are ready to hang!
5. Super Easy Valentine Display
Printables (The ones featured above come from What the Print)