It’s a cold, rainy day here. Hello April Showers! We have had several friends ask us what supplies to have on hand to keep our little ones busy on days like today. So today, we are sharing our Arts & Crafts Essentials List with you all. Then, once you have your supply closet stocked, visit our Pinterest boards for some super easy crafts to do with your children. We will keep updating this Pinterest board with our favorite crafts that we find!
Arts & Crafts Essentials List
2. Crayons: Our favorite crayons are the Melissa & Doug Triangular Crayons that don’t roll away are are easy for little hands to grip.
7. Dot Paints
8. Stickers! An alternative to stickers that is long-lasting is the Melissa & Doug Reusable Sticker Pads (like this vehicle one that my boys love!)
9. Pom-Poms and Cotton Balls. A craft store find!
11. Pipe Cleaners
12. Dry Erase Board and Markers. We have a small handheld one that we found at Target. If you are looking for a larger one, this one would be great to set up for kids!
14. Coloring Books/Activity Workbooks. I love, love the Kumon books. There are some super simple ones to help teach cutting and tracing. For coloring books, have you seen the Frozen coloring book? We also love the big Jumbo Coloring Pads because two kids can work on one picture! Another GREAT idea for little ones are the Water WOW books. This is one of my favorite finds for little ones. You just fill the little pen with water and your little one can color over and over and over again. So worth the low price!
15. Tissue Paper
16. Wiggle Eyes
17. Scissors: I highly recommend this pair of Maped scissors for little hands.
18. Box of miscellaneous finds, such as empty containers, shells & rocks found out and about, sticks, etc.
25. Contact Paper
26. Foam and Felt Sheets. I often find these at the local craft store!
27. Buttons & Sequins Another craft store find!
30. Easel Paper Roll. You don’t have to have an easel to use this paper. It’s just a lot of paper to have on hand for any sort of art project. Paint. Color. Draw.
Recyclables I Often Use:
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Paper Towel Rolls
- Egg Cartons
- Cereal Boxes
- Paper Grocery Bags
- Milk Caps
- Plastic Bottles
Household Items I Often Use:
- Paper Plates
- Wax Paper